iWave Systems has released a new business card sized single board computer (SBC) with iW-RainboW-G23S, which looks somewhat similar to a Raspberry Pi 3 board, but is equipped with Renesas RZ/G1C single or dual core ARM Cortex A7 processor, up to 2GB RAM, Gigabit Ethernet, and provides plenty of I/Os through 3 headers for a total of 100 pins.
Target applications include HMI & access control, industrial control, healthcare devices, point of sale, IoT, home & office automation, and white goods & appliances.
iW-RainboW-G23S board specifications:
- SoC – Renesas RZ/G1C Dual/Solo ARM Cortex-A7 processor @ 1.0 GHz with PowerVR SGX531 3D GPU
- System Memory – 512 MB DDR3 (expandable up to 2GB)
- Storage – 2MB SPI Flash (expandable), 8GB eMMC Flash (expandable), and micro SD connector
- Video Output/Input – 1x HDMI output port, 1x CVBS input RCA jack, optional 1x CVBS output RCA jack/header
- Video – HD encode/decode
- Connectivity – 100/1000Mbps Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Expansion Headers
- 40-pin connector 1 compatible with Raspberry Pi 3 header with 1x UART, 1x SPI, 2x SPI, 17x GPIOs
- 40-pin connector 2 with 1x LVDS, 1x CAN, 2x I2S/SSI, 2x UART (with CTS & RTS), 1x UART (without CTS & RTS), 1x I2C, 1x PWM
- 20-pin connector 3 with debug UART, 1x UART (without CTS & RTS) or 1x I2C, 1x 8-bit parallel camera interface (VIN0), 1x PWM
- Misc – JTAG header, SPI flash programming header, Reset switch, RTC controller with coin cell battery (optional)
- Power Supply – 5V/2A with optional power input lockable header
- Dimensions – 85mmx 56mm
- Temperature Range – -20 to +85° C
- Compliance – REACH & RoHS Compliant; CE, FCC certification in progress
We don’t have a whole lot of information about software support except the company provide a Linux BSP based on the not-so-recent Linux 3.10.31. Renesas recently announced a Super Long Term Kernel with 10-year of support based on CIP Linux 4.4 for RZ/G processors, starting with RZ/G1M, and plans for other RZ/G1 SoCs in the future, so hopefully RZ/G1C will be covered eventually, but there’s no guarantee. [Update: RZ/G1C support is coming in H1 2018]
The board is available now at an undisclosed price, and will procurable for at least 5 years. More details may be found on the product page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|