Last year, I wrote about Geniatech working on getting official Android TV support for ATV495 Max and ATV598 Max set-top boxes with Google Play GMS certification. The certification for the Amlogic S912 model with tuner (AT598 Max) is still being worked on, but the good news is that Amlogic S905X based ATV495 Max has now received Google’s Android TV approval.
The case design has changed a little since this first announcement with a more rounded and large design, but other Geniatech ATV495Max specifications have not changed:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X-B quad core ARM Cortex-A53 processor up to 1.5 GHz with Mali 450MP GPU @ up to 750MHz
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD Slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with CEC, HDCP, HDR; 3.5mm AV port (CVBS + stereo audio); Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus multichannel HD audio
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.265 MP-10 @ L5.1 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 AVC HP @ L5.1 up to 4K @ 30 fps, other codecs up to 1080p60.
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi or 802.11 b/g/ac WiFi module, optional Bluetooth
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Power Supply – 5.0V/2A
- Dimensions – 100 x 98 x 22 mm (or 82 x 82 x 19 mm?)
- Weight – 159g
The box runs Android TV 7.1, and ships with a user manual, a HDMI cable, a power adapter, and an IR remote control with voice function by default.
I asked Geniatech if they had any documentation or link from Google showing certifications, but yesterday, they told me they only got a email from Google, and asked if they had any document, but no feedback so far. ATV495 Max is however listed with other OEM devices on the unofficial list of Android TV devices.
As for ATV598 Max, certification is still ongoing since more testing is required due to the included TV Tuner. [Update Jan 10, 2018: Geniatech ATV598Max is now certified for Android TV]
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
9 Replies to “Geniatech ATV495 Max TV Box Gets Google’s Android TV Approval”
I found one thing misleading at their website and it is about Dolby Vision, since S905X support only HDR 10 and HLG?
How would you say is this box, specswise compared to the Xiaomi Mi box? HDR sound spromising.
How about Netflix HD support?
They are waiting for certification process to be completed (confirmed information)
That’s a bad joke. Second false alert? They told me they received an email from Google that confirms approval.
Do you mean for ATV598Max?
No, I’m not joking. Based on internal information, they will have Netflix 4K ESN in January or February. I’m not sure if this is for ATV595Max or ATV598Max. This can be only confusion.
Ah OK… Sorry, I thought you were talking about Google Android TV certification, but you actually replied to @Kewbase comment. So only good news then 🙂
Answer about my request for documents related to Google’s Android TV approval:
ATV598Max with tuner is now Android TV certified too.