Amlogic S905W processor is a cost down version of S905X processor limited to 1080p60 / 4K30 video output and found in low cost TV boxes such as Tanix TX3 or X96 Mini that sells for just above $20 shipped.
SRH-X5 is yet another of those boxes, but the device is more compact than the ones of competitors I’ve seen, as they’ve not included interfaces such as Ethernet or optical S/PDIF, and it could fit into the palm of your hand (although it’s not meant to be).
- SoC – Amlogic S905W quad core Arm Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5 GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3 (2GB optional )
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (Up to 32GB as option) + micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 output
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack with stereo output/microphone, HDMI audio output
- Video Codecs – 10-bit H.265, VP9 Profile-2, and H.264 up to [email protected].
- Connectivity – Single band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi with external antenna
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver, power LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via DC jack
- Dimensions – 75 x 65 x 15mm
- Weight – 80 grams
The TV box runs Android 7.1, and ships with a power adapter, a HDMI cable, a simple IR remote control, and a user’s manual (on a mini CD?).
SHR-X5 “HD Media Player” can be purchased on Aliexpress for $32.57 including shipping, but I’d expect the price to come down closer – or even below – to $25 once more sellers offer the device.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.