Most new Android TV boxes on the market today support 4K resolution at least up to 30 Hz, but Amlogic decided to target the lower end of the market with S805X quad core Cortex A53 processor that supports VP9, H.265 and H.264 up to 1080p60 only.
However, so far I could not find any products based on the new processor, but this has changed this afternoon, as I’ve come across SDMC DV8020 & DV8035 TV boxes powered by Amlogic S805X processor.
Both models share most of the same specifications, with the main differences being an extra S/PDIF output, and the enclosure:
- SoC Amlogic S805X quad core Arm Cortex-A53 up to 1.2GHz with penta core Mali-450MP GPU up to 650MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (option: 4GB to 64GB), micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0b up to 1080p60 with CEC & HDR support (HDR10 & HLG), AV port
- Video Decoder – H.265/VP9 10-bit 1080p@60fps, H.264 1080p@60fps, AVS+, MPEG1/2/4 , WMV/VC-1, RealVideo8/9/10 etc.
- Audio Output
- HDMI, AV
- DV8035 only: optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10M/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, optional Bluetooth 4.x
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 OTG port (type A)
- Misc – IR receiver, Power LED indicator
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Power Consumption – 6W max
- DV8020 – 108 x 98 x 26 mm
- DV8035 – 100 x 100 x 23.5 mm
The boxes normally ship with a remote control, a user manual, a power adapter, and a HDMI cable. The remote control may also be a Bluetooth voice enabled model for voice commands/searches.
I’ve been told both devices can run Android 6.0, Android 7.1, or Android 8.0 operating systems depending on customer requirements, and support the company’s XMediaTV system providing a complete solution (terminal products+content+OTT platform) to operators with features such as Live TV, VOD, SmartTVAppstore.com app store, as well as integration with third party billing systems, and IPTV solutions such as TMS, SAS, VAS, etc…
SDMC does not sell to individuals, but at least we know Amlogic S805X based TV boxes are currently being offered to operators and distributors. You’ll find more details on the SDMC DV8020 and DV8035 product pages.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
2 Replies to “SDMC DV8020 & DV8035 Full HD HDR TV Boxes Feature Amlogic S805X Processor”
Where can I buy this from?