WAGO is an international company with headquarters in Germany, designing electrical devices and automation systems. One of their latest product is WAGO PFC200 (PFC – Programmable Field Controller) designed for IIoT applications and running embedded Linux on an Arm Cortex A8 processor.
WAGO PFC200 PLC key specifications & features:
- SoC – Arm Cortex A8 processor @ 600 MHz (CNXSoft: possibly Texas Instruments Sitara AM335x processor)
- System Memory – 256 MB RAM
- Storage – 256MB flash, SD card slot up to 32GB
- Fieldbus ports – 2x Ethernet; MODBUS, TCP/UD/RTU, CAN port, PROFIBUS Slave, Smart Grid and Serial RS-232/RS-485
- Support for over 400 digital, analog, and specialty I/O modules
- Temperature Range – 0 to 50°C or -20 to 60°C depending on model
All models support Modbus over TCP/UDP via their Ethernet port, but other Fieldbus ports are optional and depend on the exact model. The PLCs also come with a built-in Web visualization interface, and support Android & iOS mobile devices via Web Visu mobile app.
The PFC200 series PLC can be programmed in the WAGO-I/O-PRO development environment which conforms to IEC 61131-3 standard, and supports programming in 5 different languages including C/C++ and Python. The programmable logic controller is suited to secure IIoT gateways with support for MQTT, openVPN, IPSec, build-in firewall and more.
The full details can be found in the product page.
Via Automation World
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|