Phytec has recently announced phyBOARD WEGA board powered by Texas Instruments AM335x Sitara ARM Processors via their phyCORE-AM335x SoM, which comes with up to 1GB DDR3 SDRAM, and up to 2GB NAND Flash. This single board computer targets industrial HMI (Human Machine Interface) and is suitable for various automation and display applications.
PhyBOARD WEGA specifications:
- SoM – phyCORE-AM335x with:
- SoC – Texas Instruments Sitara AM355x ARM Cortex-A8 processor @ up to 1GHz, with PowerVR SGX530 GPU
- System Memory – 256 MB DDR3 RAM (Max: 1GB)
- Storage – 128 MB NAND Flash (Max: 2GB), optional 8 MB NOR Flash, 4KB EEPROM
- External Storage – micro SD card slot
- Connectivity – 2 x 10/100 Ethernet
- USB – 1 x USB Host, 1 x USB OTG
- Display I/F – 24bpp TTL
- Communication Interfaces – 6 x UART, 3 x I2C, 2 x SPI, 1 x CAN
- Expansion Connectors – 1x ADC(12Bit, 8Channel), GPIOs, JTAG, HDMI
- Power – 5V DC
- Dimensions – 100 x 72 mm (Pico-ITX)
Three expansions modules are available for the board:
- A power module – 12 V – 24 V input voltage, 5 V and 3.3 V output voltage
- An “evaluation board” with three User LEDs and three switches, one JTAG interface for AM335x, one RS232 interface (UART 0), and a second expansion socket to connect another expansion board
- An HDMI adapter – Adding HDMI and audio over I2S
Other accessories are also said to be available, although currently not documented: RGB LCD Adapter + LCD, VGA LCD Adapter, WiFi/BT Module, TTL to RS232 breakout board and CAN Transceiver breakout board.
Phytec provides BSP for Linux including GCC C/C++ cross development tool chain, Eclipse IDE, PTXdist build system, Bootloader, kernel, file system and source code, and Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7) with Visual Studio 2008 evaluation CD, Platform Builder 7, SDK for application development, Bootloader and runtime Nk.bin image, OSDesign example and binary BSP, with the source available under EULA. Android and Qt BSP are also said to be available but only listed in their product brief. You can access the Linux & WEC7 BSP and associated software & hardware documentation via Phytec FTP server and Wega Documentation page. The schematics are also available once your purchase a sample. Support is supposedly available via a WiKi (currently empty), Phytec community, or via paid premium support.
Phytec phyBOARD WEGA AM335x is currently available for a discounted sample price of 4900 Rupees (~$81), and $95 for 1k orders. Further information is available on Phytec phyBOARD WEGA page.
Thanks to Nanik for the tip
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|