Many people interesting in coding and working on projects with the Raspberry Pi just likely connect the board to a monitor, USB keyboard and mouse, and to a power adapter, but if you are interested in having some more compact and portable RasPad tablet kit may be for you.
The kit is compatible with Raspberry Pi boards, including the latest Raspberry Pi 3 B+, as well as other Arm/x86 Linux development boards including Tinker Board, LattePanda or BeagleBone Black. [Update: The design likely only works with RPi form factor, so if you use other boards with HDMI output, you may have to leave them out of the housing]
RasPad key features:
- Display – 10.1″ IPS touch screen
- Video – HDMI port
- Audio – 2W speaker, audio jack
- Misc – 3 buttons (volume/brightness +, volume/brightness -, power), micro “USB touch” port
- Battery – Good for about 3 hours
- Power Supply – Via DC barrel jack
- Supported boards – Raspberry Pi B+/2/3/3 B+, TinkerBoard, BeagleBone Black, LattePanda, possibly other boards with RPi form factor
The tablet leaves even space to connect the ribbons cables for the 40-pin expansion and Raspberry Pi camera, so you can still use accessories without having to leave the tablet enclosure opened.
The software relies on Raspberry Pi ecosystem, and the main benefits is the compact and portable form factor. A larger battery might have been a bonus.
The project was successfully funded on Indiegogo earlier this month from over 1,000 backers, but we could still pledge for four kits through Indiegogo’s Indemand program:
- $149 Early Bird RasPad with power adapter, mini USB microphone, handbook, and RasPad
- $209 Early Bird RasPad Kit adding a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ board, a micro SD card and a Bluetooth keyboard & touchpad to the above
- $269 Early Bird RasPad Beginner Kit adding a sensor kit (around 30 sensor modules) to the RasPad Kit above
- $755 Early Bird RasPad Kit with uArm Robot Arm with Vision Camera
Worldwide shipping is already included in the price, and delivery is planned for June 2018.