TV box manufacturers should move and more more from Android to Android TV operating systems, so we can expect cheaper TV boxes offering an Android TV experience.
One of those device is Nexbox A95X Pro that sells for $37.99 on GeekBuying (pre-orders shipping in about 4 days), and also happens to support Netflix HD (720p). [Update: The promo on GeekBuying appears to be over, but it’s now available on GearBest for $36.99 with coupon GBA95X1]
- SoC – Amlogic S905W quad core Arm Cortex-A53 processor with Arm Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI up to 4K @ 30 Hz, AV port (composite)
- Video – 4K 30 fps H.265, 4K 30 fps VP9 Profile-2, MPEG1/2/4, H.264, HD AVC/VC1, RM/RMVB, Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6, RealVideo8/9/10
- Audio Output – Via HDMI and AV ports, coaxial S/PDIF port
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (2.4 GHz only)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – Power/standby LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – TBD
The device runs Android TV (no exact version listed) with OTA firmware update support, and ships with a voice enabled remote control, a power sdapter, a HDMI Cable , and a user’s manual.
The box comes with 2GB RAM, so performance should be decent for watching videos, although video output and decoding is limited to 4K 30 Hz with Amlogic S905W processor, so if you have 4K content at 60fps, videos may not play smoothly. Bear in mind that another Nexbox A95X Pro has also been selling for a while, but it’s based on Amlogic S905X processor running Android 6.0 operating system, and comes with a standard IR remote control (no voice support), so double-check if you plan on purchasing Nexbox A95X Pro with Android TV. I could not find the latter outside of GeekBuying for now, but I’m sure other sellers will eventually offer it too.
Thanks to theguyuk for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|