The maker of Rippl-TV media player are back with Rippl-TV V2 featuring Amlogic S905 quad core Cortex A53 processor coupled with 1GB RAM and 8GB flash, but the most interesting part of this device is probably on the software side with support for two launchers: Rippl-TV and an Android TV-like launcher, as well as support for Winevine L1 DRM allowing for HD playback of online video services such as Netflix, and Google Cast. [Update: While the company confirmed support for L1 DRM, a trusted third party has claimed that L1 DRM is currently buggy on Amlogic S905… Update 2: The company replied and there’s still a bug with Netflix TV app]
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A53 processor up to 2.0 GHz with penta core ARM Mali-450 GPU up to 750Mhz+
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz and CVBS
- Video Codecs – 4K H.264, 4K H.265-10, MVC, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1, aVS/AVS+, RealVideo, MJPEG, etc… 3D Blu-ray
- DRM – Widevine Level 1
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 + EDR
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power Supply – 5V/2A adapter
- Dimensions – N/A
The device will ship with an IR remote control, the power adapter, an HDMI cable, and a user’s manual.
The media player runs utilOS based on Android 5.1.1 with Google Play store and Aptoide, OTA update support, Google Cast support, and DRM is enabled to allow HD Playback in all apps. The company also claims it is designed in the US, and assembled in China.
Rippl-TV V2 is available now on Amazon US for $89.99 [Update: using GMPZT37L coupon will reduce the price by $8.88]. You would have expected to find more details on Rippl-TV.com, as well as some support, but all information is about the older player, and the support forum is not working, so you’d better go to their Facebook page instead if you have questions.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|