hIoTron modular & enterprise IoT development kit is described by the company has a “fully pre-programmed prototyping kit for quickly building and testing your IoT concept” with plug-n-play module allowing for flexible prototyping.
Beside the hardware comprises of a gateway and nodes, the kit also integrates with the company’s enterprise IoT Platform enabling easy design of custom mobile application & GUI dashboard.
The company offers standard, advanced, and custom kits, but to keep things simple, let’s focus on the content of their standard kit first:
- Hi-Gate IoT gateway:
- WiSoC – Texas Instruments CC3200 Arm Cortex-M4 @ 80 MHz with 1MB flash, 256KB RAM
- Storage – 1MB serial flash, 512KB EEPROM
- 802.11 n/g/n Wi-Fi, 2G GSM/GPRS (optional 3G/4G), ZigBee, BLE 4.0, sub-1GHz
- RF/NON RF to REST/MQTT gateway
- Expansion – 2x GPIO port pins, 2x analog port pins
- Power Supply – 9-12V DC
- 3x modular Hi-Nodes (up to 25 supported per gateway) based on Microchip/Atmel ATmega328P MCU:
- Powering node – via USB or battery
- Sensing node – 4 universal analog/digital input channels with Zigbee + Bluetooth LE
- Controlling node – 4-ch output (230V relays) to control appliances
- Cables and accessories.
You can then connect the powering and sensing nodes together, or powering and controlling nodes, as well as all three together with provided cables and screws depending on your project / prototype requirements.
The next step is to setup and configure your project in the code-less hIOTron IOT Platform to easily create mobile / web apps, and various rules.
The best way to quickly understand how the kit is supposed to be used is to watch the short demo video that shows how to use the software and hardware to quickly design simple projects.
The standard modular & Enterprise IoT development kit can be purchased for $189 on Robotshop. More details can be found on hIoTron devkits page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|