There are several ways to send video & audio data over a distance without using long cables, from professional DVB-T transmitters with up to 10km range, to cheaper DIY SDR solutions with a shorter range , and HDMI transmitters leveraging your existing electrical cables.
Those all work for different target applications (drones, video signal extender), but cost at least a few hundred dollars. If you just intend to transmit composite video (PAL/NTSC) and audio within a house or building, Measy RCA220 will be a more cost effective solution with a range of up to 200 meters.
- Connectivity – 2.4GHz wireless transmission with up to 200m range; built-in antenna, 8x selectable channels
- Video / Audio Ports
- Transmitter – RCA composite input, 2x RCA L/R audio input
- Receiver – RCA composite output, 2x RCA L/R audio output
- Misc – IR jack, channel selection button, front panel display, on/off button
- Power Supply – 5V/1A via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 10 x 10 x 2.5 cm (aluminum enclosure)
- Weight – 280 grams
The kit includes a transmitter, a receiver, two power adapters, two AV cables, two wall mounts, and a bag of screws.
There’s no software required, just connected the AV cables to your input device (e.g. STB, CCTV camera…), and output device (TV / monitor), the power supplies, and select the same channel for both the receiver and transmitter, and you’re good to go.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.