FriendlyELEC has joined the fray with their NanoPC-T4, which they claim is the the smallest RK3399 based high-performance ARM board. The SBC comes with 4GB RAM, 16GB eMMC flash, dual-band WiFi module and an M.2 PCIe interface with NVME SSD support.
NanoPC-T4 board specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399 hexa core big.LITTLE processor with two Arm Cortex-A72 cores up to 2.0GHz, four Cortex-A53 cores up to 1.5GHz, and a Mali-T864 GPU withsupport for OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, DX11, and AFBC
- System Memory – 4GB dual channel LPDDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC 5.1 flash, M.2 slot for NVMe SSD, 1x microSD slot
- Display / Video Output
- HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60Hz withHDCP 1.4/2.2
- DisplayPort 1.2 Alt Mode on USB Type-C
- LCD I/F – 1x eDP 1.3（4 lane，10.8Gbps）, 1x 4-Lane MIPI-DSI
- Video – 4K VP9 and 4K 10bits H265/H264 60fps decoding, Dual VOP, etc..
- Camera – 2x 4-lane MIPI-CSI, dual ISP, up to 13MP
- Output – 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, or HDMI digital audio
- Input – On-board microphone
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.1 LE
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 3.0 type C port
- 1x M.2 M-Key PCIe x4 socket, compatible with PCIe 2.1, dual operation mode
- 40-pin GPIO header with 1x I2C, up to 2x UART, 1x SPI, 1 x SPDIF_TX, up to 8x 3.3V GPIOs, 1x I2S, 3x 1.8V GPIOs
- 5-pin header for 3x ADC inputs (1.8V)
- Debugging – 1x 4-pin debug UART
- Misc – Power, Reset, MASKROM(BOOT), and Recovery keys; Power and 1x user LEDs; IR receiver, 2-pin RTC battery connector; 3-pin 12V cooling fan interface with PWM
- Power Supply – 12V/2A; Rockchip RK808-D PMIC
- Dimensions – 100 x 64 mm (10-layer PCB)
- Temperature Range – 0℃ to 80℃
In order to keep the RK3399 cool, the boards also features two 2.5mm PCB holes for mounting a heat sink. The company will provide Android 7.1 firmware, and Lubuntu 16.04 desktop image with GPU and VPU acceleration. i.e. 3D graphics acceleration and hardware video decoding. You’ll soon find download links and other documentation on the Wiki.
NanoPC-T4 can be purchased now for $129 plus shipping with a heatsink, two antennas, a 12V/2A power supply, and an acrylic case with screws and spacers.