ITEAD Studio IBOX is a mini computer powered by AllWinner A20 dual core Cortex A7 processor with 1GB RAM and 4GB Flash, a few USB connectors, Ethernet and video/audio connector. This mini pc can run both Android & Linux, and features a 32-pin connector that allows to connect expansion boards.
- SoC- AllWinner A20 dual core ARM Cortex-A7 @ 1 GHz + ARM Mali 400 MP2
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 4GB NAND Flash + microsd slot
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host port, 1x USB OTG port (full size)
- Expansion – 32-pin proprietary connector with TV OUT, USB, LCD, UART, IR, CSI, SPI, SATA, GPIOS and power signals.
- Misc – LED , IR sensor, and U-boot button (FEL mode?)
- Power –
- Dimensions – 145 x 95 x 27 mm
The company provides image with Android and Linux images for NAND and SD Card made by themselves (Android TV A20, Debian 7.0), as well as those made by Cubietech (Android 4.2, Lubuntu, Cubian), ArchLinux ARM, and LinkSprite (Android).
ITEAD Studio shows several pictures of IBOX with expansion boards (as above) but all these seem to be photoshopped, and they explain customers have to create the expansion board yourself, as they don’t have the resources. The hardware inside is composed of a baseboard and a computer-on-module, and schematics (PDF) are available for both, and full hardware design files available for the baseboard.
The company has made an habit of launching their products on Indiegogo, and this time again, IBOX is featured in an Indiegogo campaign where you can get the board for $70 including free shipping.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|