So this week-end, I started to play with ROC-RK3328-CC (Renegade) board that I received from T-Chip / Firefly-Team and as always, I used Etcher to flash the firmware images to micro SD cards. Once flashing is complete, you’ll get a screen mentioning Etcher Pro, a standalone hardware solution allowing to duplicate the content of one micro SD card to 16 other cards.
That’s very interesting if you need to duplicate many cards for a project, but the only problem is that the device is not available just yet. So I thought such equipment must already exist and indeed, a company called SySTOR offers such systems able to duplicate one (micro) SD card to up to 199 other (micro) SD cards.
Some of the specifications & key features of the system:
- Processor – Multi-core processor
- System Memory – 256 MB DDR3
- Capacity – Various models from 4 to 200 micro SD card / SD card slots allowing the duplication of one SD card to many.
- Display – Real-time display on LCD screen
- Up to 2GB/min(33MB/s)
- Synchronous and Asynchronous copy modes
- Option to copy systems and files data only or the whole media
- Erase – Quick and full erase function that conforms on the DoD data security standards
- Format – 3 modes: Auto, FAT, and FAT32
- Misc – Status LED; UP, DOWN, OK, ESC button
- Power Supply – 115V/230V
- Certification – CE, FCC, RoHS
It seems straightforward to use, and the system can easily be purchased on Amazon. However, the price for such equipment is not exactly cheap with the barely useful 1 to 3 SD card duplicator already costing $495, while the 1-to-7 model going for $540, and the massive 1-to-199 SD duplicator shown at the top could be yours for $20,995.00 *only*. It should be worth the money for businesses since it will save many man-hours.
Etcher Pro promises to be faster and less expensive than a traditional Disk Duplicator and boast more features. For reference SySTOR 1-to-15 model sells for $1,190.00, so hopefully Etcher Pro will be significantly cheaper once it comes out.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|