The company is still working on Android tablets however, as they are about to launch Alldocube X tablet with a Mediatek processor, and a 10.5″ Super AMOLED display on Indiegogo.
- SoC – MediaTek MT8176 hexa core processor with 2x Arm Cortex A72 cores @ 2.1 GHz, 4x Arm Cortex A53 cores @ 1.7 GHz, and Imagination PowerVR GX6250 GPU
- System Memory – 4GB
- Storage – 64GB flash
- Display – 10.5″ Samsung Super AMOLED display with 2560×1600 resolution
- Audio – AKM Hi-Fi chip
- Camera – 8MP front-facing camera, 8MP rear camera
- Connectivity – 802.1ac WiFi and Bluetooth
- USB – 1x USB Type-C port
- Sensor – Fingerprint scanner
- Battery – 8,000 mAh with Pump Express 2.0 quick charging
- Dimensions – 6.9mm thick (All metal unibody design)
The tablet will run Android 8.1 Oreo operating system. Allcodube X is not the first tablet to feature MT8176 processor as for instance, you’ll find it in Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 tablet released last year, and GPD XD+ portable game console is also equipped with the chip.
What makes the tablet really stands apart is the high resolution Super AMOLED display, as it’s pretty rare to find such display in Chinese tablets.
The retail price will be $270 (allegedly), but Liliputing points out the company will launch a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo in early August where it will be offered for $219, but if you register your interest by email before the campaign started, you’ll be able to get it with 26% discount (~$199) via Indiegogo. Alldocube will also be giving away one X tablet for free to one lucky winner among those who participate to their social sharing promotion. Just search for “SHARE TO WIN ALLDOCUBE X” in the aforelinked page for details about the contest.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|