Qualcomm has just introduced another of their “Mobile Platforms” with Snapdragon 670. The chipset comes with eight Kryo 360 cores, a Snapdragon X12 LTE modem for download speeds up to 600 Mbps, as well as Qualcomm AI engine and Hexagon 685 DSP for accelerating artificial intelligence workloads. The Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP found in the SoC is said to enable most of the premium camera features found in professional cameras including noise reduction, image stabilization, and active depth sensing.
Snapdragon 670 specifications:
- CPU – Octa-core processor with a cluster of 2x Kryo 360 performance cores @ up to 2.0 GHz, and a cluster of 6x Kryo 360 efficiency cores @ up to 1.7 GHz
- Visual Processing System (aka GPU) – Adreno 615 GPU with support for Open GL ES 3.2, Open CL 2.0, Vulkan, DirectX 12, H.264/H.265/VP9 Ultra HD video playback, DisplayPort over USB Type-C
- DSP – Hexagon 685 DSP with 3rd Gen Vector Extensions, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware Sensor Hub, support for Qualcomm Neural Processing Engine SDK and Caffe, Caffe2, Tensorflow, Tensorflow Liteand other frameworks
- Memory – LPDDR4x, 2x 16-bit, up to 1866 MHz, 8 GB RAM
- Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec and smart speaker amplifier with support for native DSD support, PCM up to 384 kHz/32-bit
- Qualcomm aptX Classic and HD
- Image Signal Processor
- Qualcomm Spectra 250 Image Signal Processor
- 2nd Generation Qualcomm Spectra architecture for 14-bit image signal processing, with support up to:
- Single High Frame Rate 16 Megapixel camera at 60 fps and Zero Shutter Lag
- Single 25-Megapixel camera at 30 fps and Zero Shutter Lag
- Dual 16-Megapixel cameras at 30 fps and Zero Shutter Lag
- Up to 6 different cameras (many configurations possible)
- Ultra HD video capture (4K at 30 fps) with Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering (MCTF)
- Snapdragon X12 LTE Modem
- Support for 600 Mbps LTE
- Downlink – LTE Cat 15 up to 600 mbps, 3x 20 MHz carrier aggregation, up to 256-QAM
- Uplink – LTE Cat 13 up to 150 Mbps, Qualcomm Snapdragon Upload+ (2x
20 MHz carrier aggregation, up to 64-QAM)
- Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) shared radio spectrum
- Dual SIM Dual VoLTE (DSDV)
- Qualcomm ® All Mode with support for all major cellular modes plus LAA.
- Qualcomm Wi-Fi
- Integrated 802.11ac 2×2 with MU-MIMO
- Tri-band Wi-Fi: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with Dual Band Simultaneous (DBS) + 60 GHz
- 802.11k/r/v – Enhanced mobility, fast acquisition and congestion mitigation for Carrier Wi-Fi
- Qualcomm TrueWirelessTM Stereo
- Bluetooth 5.0 with proprietary enhancements for ultra-low power wireless ear buds and direct audio broadcast to multiple devices
- Qualcomm Wi-Fi
- RF Front-End – Qualcomm Signal BoostM adaptive antenna tuning and high-power transmit (HPUE)
- GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, and SBAS
- Low Power Geofencing and Tracking, sensor assisted navigation
- Charging – Quick Charge 4+ technology
- Security – Qualcomm Processor Security, Mobile Security, and Content Protection
- Process – 10 nm LPP process technology
The latest Kryo CPU is designed to deliver up to 15 percent higher performance compared to its predecessor, and the 3rd generation AI Engine integrated in the mobiel platform is said to deliver up to 1.8x AI performance compared to the previous generation.
The Snapdragon 670 Mobile Platform is available now and devices should be expected later this year. You may find more details on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.