Allwinner V5 V100 is a new quad core Cortex A7 processor targeting 4K 30 fps (Linux) cameras, and integrating AIE intelligent analytic acceleration engine handling motion detection, perimeter defense video diagnosis, and face detection.
Usually, it’s pretty hard to get a development board based on a new processor, but Lindenis V5 single board computer based on the processor is already available in China, and comes with 1 to 2GB RAM, HDMI 1.4 and MIPI DSI video outputs, dual MIPI CSI video outputs, Gigabit Ethernet and more.
Lindevis V5 SBC specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner V5
- Quad core Arm Cortex-A7 processor @ up to 1,512 MHz with NEON, VFPv4 FPU
- 4K @ 30 fps H.265/H.264 encoder and decoder
- Dual ISP [email protected] + [email protected]
- AIE (AI Engine) Architecture – Built-in with intelligent analytics acceleration engine with support for motion detection, perimeter defense, video diagnosis, face detection, flow statistics. Supports binocular depth map.
- System Memory – 1 or 2GB RAM
- Storage – Micro SD card (SDHC/SDXC) up to 256GB, eMMC flash module socket
- Video Output / Display Interface
- HDMI 1.4 type A up to 4K @ 30fps
- 4-lane MIPI-DSI up to 1080p
- Video Input – 2x MIPI-CSI2 camera interfaces (1.27mm pitch), 4 lanes per channel
- Audio – 3.5mm Line in and Line out jacks, 2x microphones
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, optional WiFi + Bluetooth SDIO 3.0/UART module via dual header
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Expansion Ports
- 2x 20-pin “PI BUS” 2.54mm pitch GPIO Header, compatible with Raspberry Pi B+ J8 GPIO Header
- 2x 3-pin ADC Header (2.54mm pitch)
- 2x 7-pins I2S Header (2.54mm pitch)
- Power Supply
- 5V via micro USB port
- 3.7V Li-Ion batter via VBAT battery connector (2.0mm pitch)
- Dimensions – 130mm x 85mm
- EVE – Embedded Vision Engine
- Designed for rigid target (such as human face, head, shoulders and etc.) detection
- 360p detection speed is more that 30fps
- Minimum single-image detection of 64×64 pixel
- Maximum 4K resolution input and internal scaling, supporting interesting region detection
- CVE – Computer Vision Engine
- Designed for moving target (car, pedestrian, animal and etc.) detection
- D1 resolution is up to 10fps
- Minimum 8×8 pixel for small object detection
- Maximum image of 720p
- Supports various intelligent analysis applications
- Perimeter intruder detection supports maximum warning region numbers of 32
- Perimeter intruder detection can classify people and car by combining calibration algorithm
- Warning line detection supports maximum trip wires of 32-line
- Warning line detection supports single/dual direction detection
The company provides support for Linbian OS based on Debian 9 and Linux 4.4, and that includes OpenCV, a Compute Library, support for Tensorflow and
GStreamer with hardware acceleration among others libraries and frameworks as shown above. You’ll find a fair amount of information in the Wiki, including the some hardware files (PDF) like schematics and pinout diagrams, as well as getting started guide for the SDK, and datasheets for all main components including Allwinner V5 processor.
Lindenis Tech. Ltd. website shows icons for both Taobao and Aliexpress, so that probably means eventually Lindenis V5 SBC should be available worldwide, but right now the board is only to be found on Taobao where it is sold for 499 CNY, or about $74 US. You’ll also find accessories over there such as the wireless module (AP6255 – 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2) and an 8MP 4K MIPI CSI camera module.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|