We’ve previously seen new TV boxes based on Amlogic S905X2 and S905Y2 processors, which mostly brings a more recent, but not necessarily more powerful, Mali-G31 GPU with OpenGL 3.2 support, and a USB 3.0 port not available in Amlogic S905/905X based TV boxes. S905X2 and S905Y2 are pretty much similar, and the main difference is that S905Y2 does not support Ethernet, so it’s only designed for WiFi/Bluetooth TV boxes and dongles.
So far only generic OEM models were announced, but Beelink has now introduced their own S905X2 TV box with Beelink GT1 MINI featuring 2 to 4GB RAM, 16 to 64GB flash, and a voice enabled remote control / air mouse that works with Google Assistant.
Beelink GT1 Mini specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X2 quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor with quad-core Arm Mali-G31MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB or 4GB DDR4 RAM
- Storage – 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB eMMC flash, Micro SD slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDCP, 3D support, 3.5mm AV jack for composite video (480i/576i) and stereo audio
- Video Playback – 10-bit H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K @ 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K @ 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K @ 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi (aka WiFi 5), Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – Digital LED display on front panel, upgrade pinhole
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 77 x 77 x 17mm
- Weight – 125 grams
The box runs Android 8.1, so apparently not Android TV, and ships with a power adapter, an HDMI cable, a user manual, and an air mouse by default. AS previously mentioned the air mouse support voice function & integration with Google Assistant, includes a 6-axis gyroscope, and works over a 2.4 GHz connection.
Beelink GT1 Mini TV box starts at $66.99 for the 2GB/16GB version, and goes up to $86.99 for the 4GB/64GB model. It’s quite more expensive than X96 Max model ($47 and up), but you do get dual band AC WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet, and the extra voice enabled air mouse even for the entry level model.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|