Espressif ESP32 WiSoC can be integrated into various applications, and earlier this year Espressif Systems released ESP32 LyraTD MSC Audio Mic HDK (Hardware Development Kit) which I could test with Baidu DuerOS using Mandarin. Since then the company released the ESP-ADF Audio Development Framework that beside Baidu DuerOS, now supports Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, so you don’t need to speak or learn Chinese to use the kit! 🙂
Another ESP32 audio board was the similarly named ESP32-LyraT, and now we have at least more more option with Seeed Studio selling ESP32-A1S WiFi + Bluetooth ESP32 audio development kit for $16.90 on their store.
- Wireless Module
- A.I. Thinker ESP32-A1S module based on ESP32 dual core Tensilica CPU clocked at up to 240MHz with 520 KB SRAM, and 8MB on-module PSRAM
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 LE
- Storage – Micro SD card slot up to 64GB
- 3.5mm headphone jack for stereo audio output
- 3.5mm LINE-IN jack
- 2x 2-pin header for left and right speakers up to 4Ω/3W output
- 2x built-in microphones
- Expansion Headers – Unpopulated headers with UART, SPI, I2C, PWM
- Debugging – Unpopulated JTAG header, 1x micro USB port for UART access
- Misc – 6x user buttons
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB; support for 3.7V Li-ion battery via 2-pin header
- Dimensions – 65 x 58 x 10 mm
The board also supports Espressif ESP-ADF framework, and you’ll find documentation such as schematics, user guides, and link to demos on the product page on Seeed Studio linked in the first part of this post.
The kit targets the development of audio and audio IoT applications such as smart home devices, smart speakers, story machine solutions, and so on.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|