Last August, Qualcomm unveiled Snapdragon 670 processor with performance and efficiency Kryo 360 cores believed to be based on Cortex-A75 and Cortex-A55 cores, but the company has just announced an update with Snapdragon 675 mobile platform powered by Kryo 460 cores which are based on Arm Cortex-A76 according to Anandtech, and so far, Cortex-A76 was only found in “premium” processors such as HiSilicon Kirin 980. Beside the upgrade cores, the company also claims the processor brings “outstanding gaming, a leap in artificial intelligence (AI) capability and a cutting-edge camera”.
Snapdragon 675 main specifications:
- 2x Kryo 460 (Cortex-A76 based) @ 2.0GHz with 256KB L2
- 6x Kryo 460 (Cortex-A55 based) @ 1.8GHz with 64KB L2
- GPU – Adreno 612
- DSP – Hexagon 685, Qualcomm AI Engine
- Display – Support for FHD+ display
- Camera – Spectra 250L ISP with triple-camera support
- Audio – Qualcomm aptX and Aqstic
- Modem – Snapdragon X12 LTE (Category 12/13) with downlink up to 600Mbps
3x20MHz CA, 256-QAM, uplink up to UL = 150Mbps 2x20MHz CA, 64-QAM
- Video Decode – 2160p30 / 1080p120 H.264 & H.265
- Charging – Quick Charge 4+ technology capable of charging a smartphone battery from zero to 50% in 15 minutes
- Process – 11nm
Compared to Snapdragon 670, the new processor is said to be 30% faster for launching games, 20% for launching music, 15% faster for social media apps, and 35% faster for web browsing, while Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform delivers up to 50% overall improvements in AI applications.
Snapdragon 675 is available now, and should be found in consumer devices in Q1 2019.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|