Espressif ESP32 WiSoC can be integrated into various applications, and earlier this year Espressif Systems released ESP32 LyraTD MSC Audio Mic HDK (Hardware Development Kit) which I could test with Baidu DuerOS using Mandarin. Since then the company released the ESP-ADF Audio Development Framework that beside Baidu DuerOS, now supports Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, so you don’t need to speak or learn Chinese to use the kit! 🙂
Another ESP32 audio board was the similarly named ESP32-LyraT, and now we have at least more more option with Seeed Studio selling ESP32-A1S WiFi + Bluetooth ESP32 audio development kit for $16.90 on their store.
- Wireless Module
- A.I. Thinker ESP32-A1S module based on ESP32 dual core Tensilica CPU clocked at up to 240MHz with 520 KB SRAM, and 8MB on-module PSRAM
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 LE
- Storage – Micro SD card slot up to 64GB
- 3.5mm headphone jack for stereo audio output
- 3.5mm LINE-IN jack
- 2x 2-pin header for left and right speakers up to 4Ω/3W output
- 2x built-in microphones
- Expansion Headers – Unpopulated headers with UART, SPI, I2C, PWM
- Debugging – Unpopulated JTAG header, 1x micro USB port for UART access
- Misc – 6x user buttons
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB; support for 3.7V Li-ion battery via 2-pin header
- Dimensions – 65 x 58 x 10 mm
The kit targets the development of audio and audio IoT applications such as smart home devices, smart speakers, story machine solutions, and so on.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.