Taking place every year in China on November 11, Singles’ Day is the equivalent of Black Friday and Cyber Monday in the US with shops offering large discounts on various products. The good news is that the event is not actually limited to China, since popular online shopping websites based in China will all organize events and promotions for overseas customers.
I posted a list of Singles’ Day promotions in 2017, and I’ll do that again this year with promotions launched by shops like GeekBuying, Aliexpress, GearBest, and others, often starting in early November, and culminating on November 11 for the deepest discounts.
GearBest will have two main Singles’ Day events:
- Deposit Expansion – To maximize your saving, GearBest implemented a “deposit expansion” policy. This is a FREE bonus that increases the worth of the deposit you made. Put a deposit in advance, get the extra discount when finalizing your payment later.
- Coupon Rain on Nov 5 -10 at 08:00, 12:00, 16:00, and 20:00 UTC, and Nov 11- 12 at 00:00 (midnight), 04:00, 08:00, 12:00, 16:00, 20:00, and 24:00 (midnight) UTC, as well as Nov 13-14 at 08:00, 12:00, 16:00, and 20:00 UTC
- Each user has a single chance to play the GAME each round
- Every wave of Coupon Rain lasts for 5 minutes
- During each round, users can only play for 20 seconds to grab the coupons
- All the coupons you win can be accessed on ‘My Coupon’
Other promotions can be found on GearBest 11.11 page.
Aliexpress Global Shopping Festival has already started with “coupon rain” gaming taking place from Nov 4 to Nov 12 into two main periods:
- 4 rounds per day on November 4-10 4:59PT
- 18 rounds during the main sale on November 10-12 4:59PT
You can also get discounts on pre-orders by paying a small deposit. For example, you could get an S905X2 TV box for $44.19, by paying a $4.42 deposit, and the remainder of November 11. If you change your mind and don’t pay the remainder, your deposit will be refunded. So basically, just search for whatever product you are interested in, and look whether there’s a pre-order / deposit promotion for your item.
Zidoo’s Aliexpress store has also organized a promotion on November 11.11 for their Android TV boxes with up to 34% discount.
GeekBuying’s 11.11 Online Sale started on November 1 with a variety of events:
- Daily check in & win $1111 off coupon – If you check into this promotion every day from 11.1 to 11.9 you will win a site-wide $20 off coupon! We will also give one lucky participant a massive $1111 OFF Coupon! If from 11.1 to 11.9 you check-in at least 5 of the 9 days you will win a site-wide $11.11 off coupon! These coupons are valid from 11.10 16:00 – 11.12 16:00 UTC+8
- Money off coupon
- $2 off $10(100 pcs daily)
- $2 off $30(no quantity limit)
- $5 off $30(100 pcs daily)
- $7 off $70(100 pcs daily)
- $15 off $200(50 pcs daily)
- $50 off $700(50 pcs daily)
- Flash deals – There will be several lowest price of whole network products everyday on sale
- Share to unlock the lower price – Share the product with your friends to unlock lower price of the product
Banggood event is called “11.11 Crazy Shopping”, and is taking between October 31st and November 12th. The company offers 9 to 10% coupons for specific brands, discount on recommended products, bundle discount – for example you can buy 5 Arduino Uno clone boards for $3.09 instead of $3.99 – and so on
DealExtreme 11.11 shopping carnival offers coupons and flash sales activities, as well as a 5% discount if you buy two or more items.
I don’t have personal experience with JoyBuy, but the website appears to be fairly popular, and they published an “11.11 & under” page with various discounts for all sorts of products. New customers also get a $5 discount.
I’ll add more discounts and they come in this post, or in the comments section.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
kids, while it’s fun and toys, remember the first rule: don’t buy stuff you don’t need!
If we followed this advice we wouldn’t be here. 🙂
Good one ?
unloading their trash as deals. luv it.
especially the fire hazard, non-UL, non-isolated remote control socket
Please keep in mind that a *lot* of sellers on Aliexpress have been raising their prices in the last weeks. Discounts will look great but are not so great as you think they are. I use aliprice (a chrome plugin) to keep track of the prices and that helps to keep money in my pocket. 😉
trade war effects are starting to trickle down to merchants
Was thinking of buying some ICs/sensors but like you said, they increased prices so I left my cart. Now the sellers are sending a bunch of coupons lol
Their coupons are full of lies. Whole aliexpess, taobao, alibaba and its companies are all full of conman in big alibaba con companies.
Added DX 11.11 shopping carnival