That’s the time of the year for another Giveway Week on CNX Software. They will be some development boards, add-on boards, and one gadget. You’ll have to keep reading this blog everyday to find out, but I’ll start with VideoStrong VS-RD-RK3399 development board and accessories.
Also know as Mecool VS-RK3399, it is one of the many Rockchip RK3399 development board on the market. The board I have comes with 4GB LPDDR3, and 32GB eMMC flash, as well as all accessories above, minus the USB type-C cable which I can’t find anymore… A 12V/2A will also be provided in the kit given away.
I reviewed the board with Debian, tested the SDK, and ran a few benchmarks in Linux about a year ago, and I found that while the board mostly worked as expected, software support and documentation needed some improvements. The SDK page is still there,but they have not really updated it since last year. The device was also sold as a “TV box” on GearBest, and supports Android (e.g. Freaktab version), and LibreELEC.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment below. Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10am (Bangkok time) every day. Comments will be closed after 48 hours. If comments are open, the contest is still going on.
- Winners will be selected with
- I’ll contact the winner by email, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another winner.
- $16 for registered airmail small packet for oversea shipping payable via PayPal within 48 hours once the contest (for a given product) is complete.
- If Paypal is not available in your country, you can still play, and I’ll cover the cost of sending the parcel by Sea and Land (SAL) without registration if you win.
- I’ll post all 7 prizes at the same time, around the 14th of November
- I’ll make sure we have 7 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this giveaway week, I’ll draw another person.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|