What will be the prize on the fourth day of this year’s giveaway week? Libre Computer ROC-RK3328-CC, a development board based on Rockchip RK3328 processor and mostly following Raspberry Pi 3 form factor.
When I reviewed the board with Debian 9 last summer, I was mostly reminded how important fast storage and proper power supply were important. I had some kernel panic when using slow storage (micro SD card), but when I switch to the eMMC flash stability improved a lot. I also had some troubles with my USB 3.0 hard drive, but switching from a 5V/2A power supply to a 5V/2.5A power adapter solved most of my problems. Once I had “solved” those two issues the board worked fairly well, and Libre Computer always aims for mainline Linux support on their board, so that’s an advantage to take into consideration.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment below. Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10am (Bangkok time) every day. Comments will be closed after 48 hours. If comments are open, the contest is still going on.
- Winners will be selected with
- I’ll contact the winner by email, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another winner.
- $7 for registered airmail small packet for oversea shipping payable via PayPal within 48 hours once the contest (for a given product) is complete.
- If Paypal is not available in your country, you can still play, and I’ll cover the cost of sending the parcel by Sea and Land (SAL) without registration if you win.
- I’ll post all 7 prizes at the same time, around the 14th of November
- I’ll make sure we have 7 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this giveaway week, I’ll draw another person.
Good luck everyone!