Qualcomm QCS603 / QCS605 “Internet of Things” processors were announced last spring as the first “Qualcomm Vision Intelligence Platforms” from the company and designed for artificial intelligence and computer vision applications. Both SoCs are octa-core processor with two performance Kryo 300 Gold cores, and six efficiency Kryo 300 Silver cores, but QCS605’s big cores are clocked at a higher 2.5 GHz frequency, and the processor comes with better 802.11ac Wave2 WiFi, support for up to 32MB camera, and 4K video capture.
However so far, there was no development platform publicly available, and this has just changed with Intrinsyc announcing Open-Q 605 single board computer (SBC) and development kit featuring Qualcomm QCS605 vision intelligence platform.
Open-Q™ 605 SBC Specifications
- SoC – Qualcomm QCS605 octa-core processor with 2x high-performance Kryo 300 Gold cores up to 2.5 GHz, 6x low-power Kryo 300 Silver cores up to 1.7 GHz, Hexagon 685 DSP with Hexagon vector extensions (HVX), Adreno 615 GPU
- Neural Processing – Qualcomm AI Engine featuring Qualcomm Neural Processing Engine SDK with support for Tensorflow, Caffe/Caffe2, ONNX
- Memory/Storage – Combo eMCP chip with 4GB LPDDR4X SDRAM and 32GB eMMC Flash storage, micro SD card slot
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO (WCN3990) + Bluetooth 5 with FL antenna connectors
- Location Services – Integrated support for GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS, with FL antenna connector
- LCD/Touchscreen Interface – 4-lane MIPI DSI display + I2C touch interface on flex cable connector to support optional LCD panel up to 1080p at 30fps
- Camera Interface
- 2x 4-lane MIPI CSI to micro camera module connectors
- 2x Qualcomm Spectra 270 14-bit image signal processors
- Video – Video Capture and playback up to 4K Ultra HD at 60fps, H.264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC)
- Integrated audio codec with speaker amp provides 2x analog mic I/Ps, 1x speaker O/P, headset I/O
- I2S/SLIMBus digital audio interface + 2x DMIC ports on expansion header for other audio I/O options
- USB – 1x USB3.0 Type-C with DisplayPort video output and Qualcomm Quick Charge capability
- Expansion Header
- SPI, I2C, UART, GPIO, and sensor I/O interfaces
- Digital and analog audio I/O
- LED flash O/P, haptic O/P, power input and output rails
- Power Supply – 5V to 15V DC external power or single-cell Lithium Ion battery (not included), charged by USB Type-C
- Dimensions – 68 x 50mm with four mounting holes
- Temperature Range – -25°C to +60°C
The company provides Android 8.1 Oreo support for the board, and expect it to be used in a “wide range of smart, embedded, vision applications requiring advanced, low-power on-device processing”.
Intrinsyc Open-Q 605 is up for pre-order with two versions available
- $425 for the development kit with Open-Q 605 SBC with stand-offs, 2x WiFi/BT antennas, a 12V power supply, a Quick Start Guide, access to full documentation, SW updates, and basic Dev Kit support.
- $359 for the board only
Delivery is scheduled for December 2018. Visit the product page for more information.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|