Nearly exactly one year ago, Gateworks announced Newport family of networking SBCs powered by Cavium Octeon TX 64-bit Arm SoC, and earlier this year launched the higher-end GW6400/GW6404 boards with multiple network interfaces and mPCIe sockets.
The company has now introduced the entry-level GW6100 mini Network SBC with just one Gigabit Ethernet port, one mPCIe socket, and a USB 2.0 type-C port.
Gateworks Newport GW6100 specifications:
- SoC – Cavium OcteonTX CN8120 dual core ARMv8 processor @ 800MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR4 SDRAM
- Storage – 8GB eMMC Flash, mSATA via mini PCIe socket, serial configuration EEPROM
- Networking – Gigabit Ethernet Port Compliant with 802.3 10BaseT/100BaseTX/1000BASE-T
- USB – USB Type-C DFP featuring USB 2.0 up to 480Mbps and 1.5A Power Delivery
- High power (up to 8W) mini PCIe socket supporting PCIe or mSATA with USB 2.0 and Nano-SIM socket
- Application Connector with serial I/O, Digital I/O, I2C, and SPI
- Misc – Real Time Clock with battery backup, voltage and temperature monitor, programmable watchdog timer, programmable fan speed controller and tachometer monitor, programmable shut-down and wake-up
- Power Supply – 8 to 60VDC with reverse protection via DC barrel or passive PoE
- Power consumption – 4W @ 25C (typ.)
- Dimensions – 100 x 35 x 21mm (form factor compatible with GW5100 Ventana Media SBC)
- Weight – 85 grams
- Temperature Range – -40C to +85C
The company can also add an optional Ublox ZOE-MQ8 GNSS GPS Receiver with PPS Support to the board, and offers customization services with the quad core version of the OcteonTX processor, up to 4GB RAM, and up to 64GB flash.
The mPCIe expansion socket allows the board to be used as a network gateway with support for 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless radios, and 4G LTE/3G cellular modems, network storage using mSATA drives, as well as other networking application through various PCI Express peripherals.
Gateworks provides OpenWrt and Ubuntu Board Support Packages (BSP), one year warranty, and documentation on their wiki.
Gateworks Newport GW6100 SBC is available now at an undisclosed price. You can get more information and/or request a quote on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|