We’ve heard about Rockchip RK3399Pro processor that adds an NPU (Neural-network Processing Unit) to Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core processor for about a year now. We’ve seen the official Rockchip RK3399Pro EVB in action last November, but this type of board is not usually for sale to the general public.
The first RK3399Pro board that you could technically spend money on was Khadas Edge-1S via a crowdfunding campaign, but it’s still unclear when it will ship. Another option that I just discover is Toybrick RK3399Pro (TB-RK3399Pro) single board computer by VAMRS.
- SoC – Rochchip RK3399Pro hexa-core big.LITTLE processor with 2x Cortex A72 cores up to 1.8/2.0 GHz, 4x Cortex A53 cores @ 1.4 GHz, and an Arm Mali-T860 MP4 GPU with OpenGL ES 1.1 to 3.2, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL 1.2 and DX 11 support, and NPU delivering up to 3 TOPS
- System Memory – 3 or 6 GB memory
- Storage – micro SD card slot + 16 or 32 GB flash
- Video Output & Display I/F
- 1x HDMI 2.1 (TBC)
- 1x DisplayPort 1.2
- 1x eDP connector
- 1x MPI DSI interface
- Camera – Dual MIPI CSI and dual ISP up to 13MP
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Speaker header
- Built-in microphone
- Support for 8-channel digital microphone array input;
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi module
- 4-lane PCIe connector
- mPCIe socket
- I/O expansion header
- RS232 header
- Debugging – 1x micro USB port for access to the serial console
- Misc – Power, reset, and “other” buttons; fan header
- Power Supply – Via USB type-C port
- Dimensions & Weight
TB-RK3399Pro board comes pre-installed with both Android and Linux operating system in dual boot configuration. Software to leverage the NPU is also included with support for TensorFlow/TensorFlow Lite/Caffe inference models.
Toybrick RK3399Pro SBC is up for “pre-order”, but in the sense that they check people’s interest first, asking people to fill in some information about their project before pre-order. The price is still mostly unknown as the company only mentions the price will be below. The announcement was written on December 11, 2018, and at the time the first samples of the board were supposed to ship in mid-January.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|