We’ve reported about the first Amlogic S922X TV box – Beelink GT1-K – last week, and unsurprisingly more are coming starting with Ugoos AM6. The former appears to the passively cooled, but Ugoos AM6 will include a fan for cooling providing optimal performance for the new Amlogic processor.
While we do not have photos of the enclosure so far, Ugoos share with us some pictures of the board and the specifications.
Ugoos AM6 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S922X hexa-core big.LITTLE processor with 4x Arm Cortex A73 cores, 2x Arm Cortex A53 cores, Arm Mali-G52 MP6 GPU; 12nm manufacturing process
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR4 RAM (3GB/4GB optional)
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash (8GB/32GB optional), micro SD card slot
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 75 Hz with CEC, HDCP 2.2, HDR support
- 3.5mm AV port for composite video (and stereo audio)
- Video – 4K UHD H.265/VP9/AVS2 video decoding up to 60 fps
- Audio – Digital audio via HDMI, analog stereo audio via AV port, S/PDIF port
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 MIMO RSDB, Bluetooth 5.0 via Ampak AP6398S module
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 OTG/Host port, 3x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver, IR output port, battery header (for RTC?), LED header, 12-pin I/O header, Wake on LAN function
- Power Supply – 12V/2A via DC power barrel jack
- Dimensions – TBC
Other significant differences against Beelink GT1-K are that Ugoos AM6 should cost less since the default option has less memory (2GB) and storage (16GB). WiFi performance should be really good thanks to AP6398S module with MIMO and RSDB (Real Simultaneous Dual Band ) support.
Like other Amlogic S922X boxes, Ugoos AM6 will run Android 9.0. The company did not provide any pricing nor launch date, but for reference, ODROID-N2 development board will start shipping tomorrow in limited quantities and sells for $63 with 2GB RAM (and no storage), while Beelink GT1-K is expected to launch by mid-April at a yet to be disclosed price. So I assume we will not need to wait that much longer.