Amlogic S922 processor was first shown in roadmaps in early 2018, and since then we know there are at least two variants with Amlogic S922X and S922D processors both coming with Cortex A73 & A53 cores, and an Arm Mali-G52MP GPU, but the latter adds a Neural Network co-processor. So far the only hardware announced with Amlogic S922X was ODROID-N2 SBC, but since most Amlogic processors are primarily designed for TV box, it was just a question of time before we see some Amlogic S922X TV boxes hit the market, and the first model to surface is Beelink GT1-K “King” TV box running Android 9.0 OS.
Beelink GT1-K specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S922X hexa-core big.LITTLE processor with 4x Arm Cortex A73 cores @ up to 1.8 GHz, 2x Arm Cortex A53 cores @ 1.9 GHz, Arm Mali-G52MP GPU @ 846MHz; 12nm manufacturing process
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – 64GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 75 Hz
- Video – AVE-10 engine with 4K UHD H.265/VP9/AVS2 video decoding up to 60 fps, Dolby Vision, Advanced HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, and PRIME HDR high-dynamic range support
- Audio – Digital audio via HDMI, 3.5mm audio jack, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 2.0 OTG port
- Power Supply – DC power barrel jack
- Dimensions – TBC
Pricing is still unknown at the time of writing, but we do know Beelink GT1-K is expected to launch by mid April.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.