Announced earlier this week, AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000 series processors will be found in digital signage, storage & networking, and casino & gaming applications including the upcoming Atari VCS gaming console, and ASRock will also launch a mini PC based on the new dual-core Ryzen Embedded processor.
ASRock iBOX-R1000 is equipped with a choice of AMD Ryzen R1505G, or the slightly faster Ryzen R1606G processor, supports up to 32GB memory & 2.5″ SATA drives, and is able to drive up to 3 independent displays thanks to HDMI & DisplayPort video outputs.
ASRock iBOX-R1000 specifications:
- SoC (one of the other)
- AMD Ryzen Embedded R1606G dual core/quad thread processor @ 2.6/3.5GHz + AMD Radeon Vega Graphics; 12-25W configurable TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded R1505G dual core/quad thread processor @ 2.4/3.3GHz + AMD Radeon Vega Graphics; 12-25W configurable TDP
- System Memory – 2x DDR4 3200MHz up to 32GB
- Storage – 1x 2.5″ HDD/SSD, 1x M.2 key M to support SSD (2242 & 2260)
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 2.0 port up to 4K resolution, 2x DisplayPort 1.4 ports up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack with Mic-in. Line-out; HDMI audio output
- Connectivity – Dual Gigabit Ethernet via 2x Realtek RTL8111G transceivers, 1x M.2 key E 2230 for WiFi and Bluetooth
- USB – 3x USB 3.1, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Serial – 1x COM port (DB9) for RS-232/422/485
- Misc – Watch Dog
- Power Supply – 12V DC input
- Dimension – 171.8 x 150 x 69.8mm (Top cover: aluminum extrusion; base: metal)
- Weight – 1 kg
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0℃~50℃; storage: -40℃~85℃
- Humidity – 10%~90%
- Certifications – CE, FCC Class A
The fanless industrial mini PC comes with a 12V power adapter, wall & VESA mounting brackets, and supports Windows 10 and Linux 4.18 or greater. ASRock claims they are the first company to design a NUC 4″x4″ form factor computer with an AMD processor.
Pricing has not been announced, and it’s unclear whether it’s available now. More details may be found on the product page. If you’d rather get the board only, and integrated into your own design, you can do so with ASRock NUC-R1000 board instead.
As a side note, ASRock released a similar mini PC last week, but based on Intel Whiskey Lake-U 15 Watts processors, and called iBOX-8265U.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|