AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 processor family was introduced last February, but if you’d wanted to buy a Ryzen Embedded mini PC today, you’ struggle to do so at least for a retail model. One option is to get an UDOO Bolt V3/V8 development board together its metal case and assemble the mini PC yourself. The solution was launched on Kickstarter however, and will only start shipping in December 2018 if everything goes according to plans.
If you’d rather get a Ryzen Embedded mini PC a little earlier, Tranquil PC’s Mini Multi display PC may be an option with a choice of three Ryzen embedded V1000 processors, a fanless design, and support for up to 4 independent displays.
Transquil PC’s mini multi-display PC Basic/Advanced/Advanced+ specifications:
- Basic – AMD Ryzen Embedded V1202B, 2C/4T @ 2.3 / 3.2GHz, TDP: 12W-25W
- Advanced – AMD Ryzen Embedded V1605B, 4C/8T @ 2.3 / 3.6GHz, TDP: 12W-25W
- Advanced+ – AMD Ryzen Embedded V1605B, 4C/8T @ 2.3 / 3.6GHz, TDP: 12W-25W
- Memory / Storage
- Basic – 8GB DDR4-2400 (2x 4GB), 250GB M.2 2280 SSD
- Advanced – 16GB DDR4-2400, 250GB M.2 2280 SSD
- Advanced+ – 32GB DDR4-24000, 1TB M.2 2280 SSD
- Video Output – 4x DisplayPort connectors
- Audio – Line Out jack, Mic-in jack
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports (RJ45)
- Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11ac, 2×2 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, 2x SMA antenna connectors
- USB – 1x USB 3.1 type C port, 3x USB 2.0 port
- Serial – RS-232/422/485 port
- Misc – Power/Reset switch, power & network LEDs
- Power Supply – 12 to 19V DC input; 12V/60W power supply included
- Dimensions – 180 x 157 x 54 mm
- Weight – 1.8 kg
- Temperature Range – 0 to 40°C
- IP Rating – IP50
I understand the mini PCs do not ship with any operating systems but Windows 10 64-bit and Linux 32-/64-bit distributions are supported. The mini PC will ship with a power supply and cord, as well as a wall/VESA mount kit.
The good news is that you would not have to wait too long since shipping is planned for the end of this month (August 2018), and you’d get 3-year warranty. The less good news is that those are “professional” grade computers, and they are fairly expensive with the basic model going for £684.00 / $872.00, the advanced model for £789.00 / $1,005.00, and the advanced+ variant for £1,163.00 / $1,482.00. Those are prices before shipping, and if you live in the EU, before an extra 20% VAT tax.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|