From time to time promotions come up for 3D printers, and if your budget is just around $100, Zonestar Z6 3D printer might be an option as it is currently sold on GearBest for $99.99 plus a few dollars for shipping.
ZoneStar Z6 3D printer specifications:
- Display – LCD screen
- Storage – microSD card slot
- Nozzle – 0.4mm
- Printing accuracy – 0.06mm
- XY-axis positioning accuracy – 0.11 mm
- Z-axis positioning accuracy – 0.0025mm
- Build Size – 150 x 150 x 150 mm
- Print speed – Up to 150mm/s (MAX)
- Filament Diameter – 1.75mm
- Supported Materials – ABS, Flexible PLA, HIPS, PETG, PLA, PVC, Wood
- USB – 1x USB port
- Power Supply – Input: AC 110/220V, output: 12V, 10A
- Mechanical info
- Dimensions – 28.00 x 30.60 x 35.40 cm
- Weight: 4.0000 kg
- Frame material – Aluminum Extrusion
- Platform board – Aluminum Alloy
The company recommends Cura, Repetier-Host, or Simplify3D software to create 3D files for the printer.
The 3D printer has been around for a few months, but I can’t find any reviews in English, only a demo of the 3D printer in action as pictured above. If you can understand Spanish, that short video review may be interesting. Note that review is for model Z6F, and it’s unclear what the differences are against Z6 as checking the specs side-by-side on Zonestar website reveals not differences at all..
If you have a few dollars more to spend, don’t care of portability – in the sense the printer can easily be carried around -, you could get the time tested Anet A8 3D printer instead, that can now be found for around $140 plus shipping.