Recalbox, Lakka TV, Retro Arena, and Batocera are some of the retro gaming distributions optimized to run on development boards. You can install those by yourself, and enclose the board is any case, but if you want something more fancy, Cloud Media is now selling Roshambo retro gaming kit based on Rock64 (RK3328) or RockPro64 (RK3399) SBC’s.
Roshambo and RoshamboPro retro gaming kits are compatible with respectively Rock64 and RockPro64 boards, come with a shell with carrier board, power supply, cooling fan (Pro model only) and support cables. The kits support 256GB or 512GB SSD cartridges provided by the company, and optional game controllers with analog triggers and buttons are also available for purchase.
Pine64 Rock64 / RockPro64 boards are compatible with Recalbox, Lakka TV, Retro Arena, and Batocera distributions, but bear in mind ROMs are not provided, so you’d have to install your own, or play free games only.
- $69.99 Roshambo retro gaming kit with Rock64 2G board, and 5V/3A power supply
- $99.99 RoshamboPro retro gaming kit with RockPro64 2G board, fansink, and 12V3A power supply
- $34.99 Roshambo retro gaming case with 5V3A power Supply, so you need to bring your own RPI compatible board such as Rock64, Tinker Board, or an actual Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- $29.99 Roshambo retro gaming case only
- $31.99 RoshamboPro retro gaming case & fansink only
You can buy those and other accessories such as SSD cartridges and gaming controllers on Cloud Media store.
ETA Prime got a complete kit plus accessories, so you can have a better look at everything in the unboxing and assembly video embedded below.
Thanks to Roel for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|