Gateworks has launched another mini PCIe card providing IoT connectivity for their NXP i.MX 6 and Cavium Octeon TX powered SBC’s. Last month we covered GW16130 Mini PCIe satellite modem, and the company has now announced GW16126 mini PCIe card with a Cat M1 (eMTC) modem and a Bluetooth Low Energy radio for the US market, and other regions or countries where LTE Cat M1 networks have been deployed.
- LTE Cat M1 Module – U-blox SARA-R410M-52 LTE CAT M1 cellular modem with up to 375 kb/s upload and 300 kb/s download; LTE Bands 2,4,5,12,13
- SIM card – nano-SIM socket with hologram starter SIM included with free 1MB/month starter plan included
- BLE module – u-blox NINA-B301 Open CPU Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy Radio based on Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 chipset, Zephyr RTOS with Bluetooth HCI UART Host Interface. BLE Rates up to 2Mbps
- Antennas – 2x u.Fl antenna connectors for CAT M1 and Bluetooth modules
- Host Interface – Mini-PCIe (USB Channel) compatible with Gateworks SBCs
- Supply Voltage – 3.3V from the mini-PCIe connector
- Power Consumption – 1W @ 25C (typ.)
- Dimensions – 30.0 x 60.8 x 6.0mm
- Weight – 5.7 grams
- Temperature Range – -40°C to +85°C
Both the eMTC and BLE modules utilize standard Linux drivers, and the LTE module supports firmware update over AT commands (FOAT). You’ll find more technical details and getting started guides for Cat M1 and BLE in the Wiki.
While the card ships with SARA-R410M-52 Cat M1 only module, it might be possible to ask the company to switch to U-blox SARA-R410M-02B module that supports both LTE Cat M1 and Cat NB1 connectivity if your commercial project requires it.
Gateworks officially only supports the mini PCIe card in their NXP i.MX6 Ventana boards and Cavium Octeon TX Newport SBC’s which come with one to six mini PCIe slots. For more details and/or to request a quote, you can head over to the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|