The latest release from IBase is a single board computer that seems to be designed for the mass business markets, especially in signage. The IBR210 is a 3.5-inch (147 x 102 mm) low-power multimedia SBC based on the NPX ARM Cortex-A53/Cortex-M4 i.MX 8M processor that comes in either a dual or quad-core running in the 1.3 GHz to 1.5 GHz frequency range. The unit was announced on August 1, 2019, but as of yet there is no pricing information.
The GPU is a Vivante GC7000Lite/GC7000VLX, and an integrated Cortex-M4F real-time core, in the i.MX8M. Although for the i.MX8M Mini is a faster and newer SoC, the i.MX8M supports 4K video and HDR.
The system runs Android 9 or Yocto v2.5 Linux, with up to 3GB soldered LPDDR4 and up to 64GB eMMC. The video output supports 4K via HDMI 2.0, while there are 2 USB 3.0 ports. The board supports a wide range of environments with a standard operating range of 0 to 70 ℃ which can be increased to an optional -40 to 85 ℃.
IBase IBR210 comes in after the company’s IBR117 SBC powered by NXP iMX6 SoC in the same 147 x 102 mm form factor.
Specifications listed for the IBR210 include:
- Processor – NXP i.MX8M Dual or Quad (2x or 4x Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5GHz); Vivante GC7000Lite GPU; VPU; Cortex-M4F @ 266MHz
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM soldered
- 8GB to 64GB eMMC
- MicroSD slot
- Networking/wireless — 10/100/1000 Ethernet port
- Media I/O:
- HDMI 2.0a port for up to [email protected] with HDR
- Dual-channel LVDS (via FHD)
- MIPI-DSI header
- 2x MIPI-CSI headers
- Audio I/O header
- Backlight support (3/5/12V @ 1A)
- Other I/O:
- 2x USB 3.0 host ports
- 2x USB 3.0 headers
- Micro-USB 2.0 OTG port
- RS-232/422/485 DB9 COM port
- 3x 2-wire UART headers (1x for debug)
- I2C header
- 8x GPIO
- M.2 E-key 2230 slot (USB, SDIO, UART, PCIe)
- Mini-PCIe slot with SIM socket
- Other features — Watchdog; 3x LEDs
- Power — 12-24V DC input; power button
- Operating temperature — 0 to 70°C; optional -40 to 85°C; 10%~90% (non-condensing) humidity resistance
- Dimensions — 147 x 102mm (3.5-inch)
- Operating system — Yocto v2.5 and Android 9 BSPs with Linux Kernel 4.14.62.
|BR210-D308||3.5” SBC, i.MX 8M Dual 1.5GHz, 3GB LPDDR4, 8GB MLC eMMC|
|IBR210-D308I||Industrial Grade 3.5” SBC, i.MX 8M Dual 1.3GHz, 3GB LPDDR4, 8GB MLC eMMC|
|IBR210-Q316||3.5” SBC, i.MX 8M Quad 1.5GHz, 3GB LPDDR4, 16GB TLC eMMC|
|IBR210-Q316I||Industrial Grade 3.5” SBC, i.MX 8M Quad 1.3GHz, 3GB LPDDR4, 16GB TLC eMMC|
The platform offers a wide range of applications in IoT, with an eye towards signage in airports, train stations, malls and HMI passenger information applications, through its dual-channel FHD LVDS display capabilities via the HDMI 2.0 port.
Information on the IBR210 was found in part in an article on the LinuxGizmos website.
Stephen started writing about technology after publishing sci-fi short stories. His first White-Paper, written in 2008, was well received and inspired him to continue writing about technology. Today he writes in the technology space full time, covering a multitude of topics. During the time he wrote part-time he edited hundreds of titles for large publishers, in science and technology. He lives in Staten Island, with his wife and children.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|