We’ve previously covered at least one ESP32 industrial controller with TECHBASE Moduino X equipped with digital and analog I/O terminals, a 0.96″ OLED display, and support for various expansion cards for RS-485, LoRa, Sigfox… beside Ethernet, WiFi, and Bluetooth connectivity offered by the Espressif Systems chip.
NORVII IIOT industrial controller – based on ESP32-WROOM-32 module – offers many of the same options as the TECHBASE model, but also integrates a choice of 0.96″ to 1.44″ OLED or TFT display, and comes with plenty of LED’s to ease troubleshooting.
There are five variants from three series (AE01, AE02, and AE03) sharing the following specifications:
- Wireless Module – ESP32-WROOM32 with ESP32 dual-core processor @ 160 MHz, 520 Kbytes SRAM / 4 Mbit Flash, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n Bluetooth 4.2
- Storage – Optional microSD card slot
- Display -Built-in 0.96″ OLED display. 0.96″ TFT display or 1.44″ TFT display
- Communication – RS-485, WiFi, Bluetooth, optional LoRa or NB-IoT module
- 8x Digital Inputs
- 2x Transistor outputs up to 24V
- AE01-series only – 6x Relay outputs
- AE02-series only – 6x 16-bit Analog inputs with 4 – 20mA (AE02-I) / 0 – 10V (AE02-V) current
- Power LED, RUN LED, 8x LED’s for I0……I7, 6x LED’s R0……R5, 2x LED’s for T0….T1
- Optional MAX31856 temperature sensor
- Optional DS3231 RTC with battery backup
- Power Supply – 24V DC rated input via terminal block
- Power Consumption – 32.6 to 40.4 Watts with all outputs ON
- Dimensions – 90.50 x 56.60 x 60.60 mm
- Weight – 430 grams
- Top hat type TH35-15 rail conforming to IEC 60715
- Top hat type TH35-7.5 rail conforming to IEC 60715
- Plate or panel with fixing kit
You’ll find a summary of the key features of the five models below.
AE03 just looks like a minimal version without display, nor RS-485 support, and just 8x digital inputs, and one analog input.
The PLC can be programmed with the Arduino IDE, and the company – Iconic Devices – provides Arduino libraries and sample sketches for inputs, outputs, RTC, temperature sensor, and I2C display on the product page.
NORVII IIOT industrial controller is available now and sold from $54 for AE03 model, up to $114 for AE02-I on Iconic Devices’ store.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
5 Replies to “NORVII IIoT ESP32 Industrial Controller Comes with Built-in OLED or TFT Display, DIN Rail Mount”
Weird mounted mini USB port. Why don’t they use USB-C?
Are you new to Arduino? USB C is not available in this hobby stuff yet.
USB-C ports on this type of hardware are not the norm just yet, but there are a few: https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/12/18/serpente-r2-microchip-samd21-board-features-a-male-usb-type-c-port/
To bad about the recent ESP32 exploits discovered…
Better to have a reference to: