But so far, apart from an AV1 demo on the RTD1311/RTD1319 development board (Pymparticle EVB?), and new about Technicolor Jade STB, I had not really seen AV1-capable TV boxes so far. SDMC DV8919 appears to be the first Amlogic S905X4 TV box on the market and one of the first running the recently released Android 10 on Android TV OS.
SDMC DV8919 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X4 quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor @ up to 2.0 GHz with Arm Mali-G31MP2 supporting OpenGL ES3.2, Vulkan 1.1 and OpenCL 2.0
- System Memory – 2GB DDR memory (options: 1GB or 4GB)
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash (options: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB), MicroSD card slot
- Output – HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 60+Hz with CEC & HDCP2.2, AV output with composite video
- Input – HMDI input (TBC)
- Audio – Analog stereo audio via AV output, digital audio via HDMI, and optical S/PDIF
- Video Playback
- AV1 up to 4K @ 120 fps
- H.265 HEVC MP-10 up to 4K @ 75fps
- VP9 up to 4K @ 75fps
- AVS2-P2 up to 4K @ 75fps
- H.264 AVC up to 4K @ 30fps
- MPEG1/2/4 ASP, WMV/VC-1, RealVideo8/9/10,
- HDR – HDR 10, HLG, PRIME HDR, TCH PRIME, options HDR10+, optional Dolby Vision
- DRM – Google Widevine & Microsoft PlayReady; options: Verimatrix, Irdeto MSR2.2, Nagra TKL
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet (optional Gigabit Ethernet), Wi-Fi 5 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MiMO, Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – Power button; Power, IR & Network LEDs; IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via DC jack
- Dimensions – 120 x 120 x 28mm
DV8919 4K OTT TV Box runs on Android TV 10 OS (aka Android 10 on Android TV) and
is pre-certified for both Android TV and Netflix. It won’t be for end-users however as hinted by the DRM options in the specs, and instead, the TV box was designed for telecom, broadcasting and Pay TV operators.
This also means the UI does not have to use the stock launcher, and a so-called Android TV operator-tier launcher can be integrated into the firmware instead. The company also mentions their XMediaTV platform for customizations targetting operators.
Recommended accessories for DV8919 TV bo include a Bluetooth voice remote control, user manual, a power adapter, and an HDMI cable. Visit the product page for further details, and/or to contact sales.