This morning, I’ve come across another option with DSTIKE ESP32 watch development kit that offers a choice of black & white OLED display or color TFT display, and has apparently been around for about a year.
DSTIKE ESP32 watch devkit specifications:
- SoC – ESP32 dual-core Tensilica LX6 processor with Wi-Fi 4 and Bluetooth 5.0/5.1 connectivity
- Storage – MicroSD card
- Display (one or the other)
- 1.3 OLED I2C display (SH1106)
- TFT color display with 240 x 240 resolution (I2C + 2 I/O)
- Expansion – 10-pin header with TX/RX, GPIO 17 & 16 (I2C), SVP/SVN, GPIO 25 & 26 (DAC), GND, and 3V
- Misc – Power switch, navigation buttons, reset & flash buttons, buzzer, WS2812b RGB LED, “highlight LED” (backlight LED maybe), charging status LED
- Battery – 600 mAh battery
- Dimensions – Face: 4.5 x 3.8 x 1.5cm
- Weight – TBD
The watch can be programmed with Arduino core for ESP32 together with either ThingPulse OLED library or Arduino library for the ST7789 IPS SPI display depending on the model, and Adafruit Neopixel library. Also refer to the example sketches for the OLED display and TFT display.
I found the DSTIKE ESP32 watch devkit this morning while visiting Banggood ($40.69), but you’ll also find the watch on Aliexpress and Tindie. It looks like it now ships fully assembled, but in case it comes in a kit follow the assembly instructions video below.
Important WHO notice: Please avoid recording videos in portrait mode, it has been found to cause severe mental trauma in some members of the community 😉
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|