Many people carry a power bank to extend the battery life of their smartphone. MONSTER X portable power station does something similar except with much more power and capacity, as it can extend the range of your electric car by around 12 kilometers.
But it’s not only for electric cars, equipped with a 1,278 Wh / 345,600 mAh battery, it also features four AC sockets (US or “International”), multiple USB-Type A and Type-C port to charge or power up to 11 devices simultaneously.
MONSTER X key features:
- Power Output ports
- 4x AC outlets up to 2000W (3300W surge) using US (110V) or EU (230V) standards
- 120W car charging port
- 2x USB Type-C ports compatible with USD PD (Power Delivery)
- 2x USB Type-A ports compatible with Quick Charge (28W max)
- 2x 5V USB Type-A ports supporting up to 12W
- Internal battery charging ports
- Anderson 12V DC solar input (200W)
- DC input (200W)
- 100W AC power (on the back of the device)
- Tesla’s large-rate discharge lithium battery
- 1,278 Wh / 345,600 mAh capacity
- Good for 3,000 discharge cycles
- Recharge – 0 to 80% capacity within 3 hours using all charging ports at the same time.
- Display – LCD display showing battery level, estimated hours of remaining power, current input/output, and more
- Misc – DC On/Off button, AC On/Off button, Power button
- Dimensions – 38 x 25 x 25 cm
- Weight – 12 kg
- Material – Aluminum alloy casing
The portable power station can be monitored and controlled remotely using Monster X app over Bluetooth. If you wonder how long the battery will last for a given appliance, here’s a list of products and their typical running time:
- 10W Light – 36+ hours
- 660W Coffee maker – 50 to 60 cups
- 110W 56″ flat screen TV – 10-12 hours
- Electric grill – 0.6 to 1.2 hours
- Hair drier (1,600 to 1,900 Watts) – 0.6 to 3.3 hours
- Microwave Oven (650 Watts) – 1 to 1.8+ hours
- Refrigerator (150W) – 30 to 32 hours
- Laptop – 23+ hours
- Electric chainsaw – Around one hour
- CPAC machine (40W) – 25 to 29 hours
This type of device may be a good power backup system for a home office, especially where I live since 30 minutes to one-hour power failures are not that infrequent and it can apparently be used as a UPS.
MONSTER X has already raised over 2 million HKD ($275,000 US) on Indiegogo with 16 days to go. Rewards start at $769 US for MONSTER 1300 super early bird, but there’s also the “Eco Bundle” kit that adds a solar panel for a total of $799, and various other bundles. Shipping adds around $20 worldwide, and backers should get their rewards shipped in June/July 2020 barring any unforseen delays.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.