We’ve covered plenty of AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 SBC‘s, as well as some mini PC‘s, but the processor’s multimedia capabilities make it an ideal candidate for advanced digital signage players capable of driving multiple 4K displays.
Axiomtek leveraged those capabilities in DSP600-211 4K digital signage player that offers four HDMI ports driving up to four 4K displays, as well as dual Gigabit Ethernet. Axiomtek DSP600-211 4K digital signage specifications:
- SoC (one or the other)
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1605B quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 2.0GHz / 3.6 GHz (Boost) with AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics; 12-25W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1807B quad-core/octa-thread processor @ 3.35GHz / 3.8 GHz with AMD Radeon Vega 11 Graphics; 35-54W TDP
- System Memory – 2x DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM up to 16GB
- Storage – 1x M.2 Key M 2280 (SATA) and 1x M.2 Key M 2280 (NVMe)
- Video Output – 4x HDMI 2.0 ports up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Audio – 1x Line-out
- Connectivity – Dual Gigabit Ethernet, optional WiFi, Bluetooth, and Cellular (See Expansion section); 4x antenna openings
- USB – 2x USB 3.1, 2x USB 2.0
- Serial – 2x RS-232 ports
- Expansion – 1x M.2 Key E for Wi-Fi/BT; 1x M.2 Key B for 4G/LTE + 1x SIM card slot
- H/W security – TPM 2.0
- Misc – Watchdog Timer, device management port, power, reset and remote buttons, HDD LED
- Power Supply – +12V DC-in via
- Vibration Endurance – 3 Grms with M.2 storage (5 – 500Hz, X, Y, Z directions)
- Temperature Range
- V1605B – 0ºC to +45ºC
- V1807B– 0ºC to +40ºC
- Dimensions – 250 x 182.8 x 30 mm
- Weight – 1.9 kg
- Certifications – CE, FCC class A
The signage player supports VESA and wall mounting. Software-wise it can run either Windows 10 or Linux distributions and supports the company’s AXView IIoT Remote Management Solution.
One of the obvious applications capable of leveraging the four HDMI outputs is for video walls making it effectively a virtual 8K digital signal player when combined with four displays and adequate software. Other applications include digital menu boards, digital directory boards, interactive kiosks, etc…
Axiomtek DSP600-211 4K digital signage player is available now at an undisclosed price. Visit the product page for further information.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
Nice box, but cpu is almost 2 years old. Motherboard plus CPU with 4x 4K DP in random shop cost £455.99 or €597.73.
So? AMD hasn’t release anything better as yet, so what’s the problem?
No problem. Just info about possible price range. Last time I heard about it, I thought if it was good hardware for multidisplay pinball machine.
Wow, that’s 3GB/s just to refresh the displays at 30fps.
if you can put up with less power and it does not support h.265 or VP9 decoding and we stick with h.264, the most widespread format today. The small Mini PC T12 AMD A4-7210 computer includes an AMD A4-7210 Carrizo-L APU, a Quad Core with a frequency between 1.8 and 2.2GHz, integrates a Radeon R3 Mullins GPU that surpasses any Intel HD Graphics, the set is manufactured in 28nm and has a consumption of 12 / 25W TPD. The included RAM memory is 4 / 8GB of DDR3 SO-DIMM RAM and integrates 64GB capacity eMMC storage as standard, to expand… Read more »