The developers have now released QEMU 5.0.0 will plenty of new features and such as support for Armv8.1 to Armv8.4 architectures, Arm Cortex-M7 processor, various changes to MIPS, PowerPC, RISC-V, s390… architectures, support for accessing a directory on the host filesystem from the guest using virtiofsd and more.
- Support for passing host filesystem directory to guest via virtiofsd
- Support for ARMv8.1 VHE/VMID16/PAN/PMU, ARMv8.2 UAO/DCPoP/ATS1E1/TTCNP, ARMv8.3 RCPC/CCIDX, ARMv8.4 PMU/RCPC
- Added ARM Cortex-M7 CPU support
- New Arm boards: tacoma-bmc, Netduino Plus 2, and Orange Pi PC
- Allwinner SoC model now wires up the USB ports
- TPM support for ARM
You’ll find the full list of change in the Wiki.
If you want to install the latest version of your operating system be it Windows, Mac OS or Linux go to the download page. In Windows, you’ll have binaries, while in Linux it will depend on your distributions, and it’s likely qemu related packages have not been updated to the latest version just yet. So one way is to build from source:
tar xvJf qemu-5.0.0.tar.xz
make -j $(nproc)
I could not find any ppa or snap for Ubuntu with QEMU 5.0, but only older 2.x or 3.x version.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|