Orange Pi PC Allwinner H3 Board Is Now Available for $15

Orange Pi 2 is a board powered by Allwinner H3 quad core processor that sells for $25. Shenzhen Xunlong Software has now launched a lower cost version with Orange Pi PC, still based on Allwinner H3 SoC, but getting ridiculously cheap at $15 + shipping ($3.43 in my case).

Orange_Pi_PC
Orange Pi PC specifications:

• SoC – Allwinner H3 quad core Cortex A7 @ 1.6 GHz (likely 1.2 GHz instead) with an ARM Mali-400MP2 GPU up to 600 MHz
  • System Memory – 1GB DDR3
  • Storage – micro SD card slot (up to 64GB)
  • Video Output – HDMI with CEC and HDCP support, AV port
  • Audio I/O – HDMI, AV port, on-board microphone
  • Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet
  • USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
  • Camera – CSI Interface
  • Expansions – 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible header with 28 GPIOs, UART, I2C, SPI, PWM, CAN, I2S, SPDIF, LRADC, ADC, LINE-IN, FM-IN, and HP-IN
  • Debugging – 3-pin UART header for serial console
  • Misc – IR receiver; Power button; Power and status LEDs
  • Power Supply – 5V/2A via barrel jack (micro USB OTG cannot be used to power the board).
  • Dimensions – 85 x 55 mm (vs 93 x 60 mm for Orange Pi 2)
  • Weight – 38 grams

Compared to Orange Pi 2, Orange Pi PC is smaller, and it loses one USB port, reset and u-boot keys, and the WiFi module.

Orange_Pi_PC_Micro_SD

The new Orange Pi board should be fully software compatible with the previous H3 versions, and you can find firmware images for Lubuntu, Android 4.4, Raspbian, Debian server, as well as the Linux and Android SDK on the Download page. Bear in mind that the company is good a launching ultra low cost hardware, but seems under staffed, so if you expect support and regularly updated images, this board won’t be for you, and instead you need to be prepared to rely on others in the forums, and most likely do the job yourself. Good luck! There’s also a product page, but not with much more information.

Thank to Brian for the tip.

Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon
Advertisements
newest most voted
eebrah
eebrah

Can’t wait to get my hands on this, compare it with the raspi2 and Odroid C1

Demetris
4 years ago

I”ll compare it for you!
NO (support+gigabit ethernet+bluetooth+ eMMC+WiFi), enjoy!

Peter
Peter
4 years ago

Different people has different needs.

JotaMG
JotaMG
4 years ago

Well this price is no surprise really, remember the Yuan is devalued ??
I wonder if others will follow act…

Demetris
4 years ago

@Peter And companies also(have different needs) like looking for fools to buy their shitty products

onebir
onebir

@Demetris
“NO (support+gigabit ethernet+bluetooth+ eMMC+WiFi)”
Raspi2 has support/community… but AFAIK none of the rest.

@JotaMG
Yuan devaluation was too small to have much role in this. My guess is they’ve realised marketing/support is not their strong suite, so have to compete on price. And can make a profit at this price, given bulk purchasing components (& near zero development costs, since they’re just stripping down the other version).

Demetris
4 years ago

He WAS asking for both rasp2+c1 so lets just take out emmc and bluetooth and be done with it.

Peter
Peter
4 years ago

For running some simple application in networked environment this is enough I think. For it’s price.

nofun
nofun

That price! :O
What about HW video ? Bananas suffer that issue for a long time and it still doesn’t work

Gabe
Gabe
4 years ago

Is there any plastic case for this?

miniNodes
4 years ago

Anyone know if it can boot from USB? Or is it boot from SD card only?

JotaMG
JotaMG

Boot from SD card only.

kucho
kucho

understaffed like odroid?

Demetris
4 years ago

Actually i must retract my previous comments.
Looks like it supports Openwrt and with my Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8191SU 802.11n WLAN Adapter makes a powerful router for WiFi-AP on the living room.
Shame it doesn’t support Gigabit or i would connect a gbit switch to make this a full blown Quad core router oh so cheaply LOL
Sorry guys my deepest apologies for the misleading posts.

milkboy
milkboy

@Gabe
i see from their taobao page, that there is a board + case bundel for 24cny (~4usd) available

sky770
sky770

@milkboy
case + orange pi pc bundle is for ~19 USD
IMO better than the aliexpress deal but for those who can read chinese; having a hard time translating it 😀
Maybe I’ll just ask my friends to do it for me.

milkboy
milkboy

@sky770
hahahaha……..
my bad. i want to write additional $4, i was in a hurry and didnt proof read before submitting the comment.
i can read chinese. which part do you need translating?

Marius Cirsta
4 years ago

So much talk about how this compares to foo … it’s a good board for $15… if you need more there are better options out there but for $15 there’s nothing that I’m aware of.

sky770
sky770

@milkboy
Hahaa..it’s alright :>
I basically need someone to order for me; sick of using google translator for each word.
I’ll ask my local friends to do it for me 😀

For me it’s $3.43 for shipping so final price is ~$19
Sweet deal!

shik
shik
4 years ago

Does anybody know where case for this can found?

Arnab
4 years ago

Perhaps this one is going to be my first embedded board, only ~ 20$ , for further cost reduction they should drop IR receiver, MIC, CSI camera interface etc. etc. But every board is missing one important thing , a gigabit ethernet port !

Pteridium
Pteridium

Off topic:
@Demetris, AFAIK RTL81XXSU open source drivers only support managed and monitor modes. Can Realtek proprietary drivers work with OpenWRT?
IMHO you must look for a board with gigabit ethernet MAC (and make sure that the drivers can take advantage of the hardware).

trackback

[…] Source : CNX Software […]

banana pi

very cheap:).

milkboy
milkboy

@sky770
hahahaha…….
i know how you feel. the positive side of living in china
dirt cheap electronics

@shik
the case only available in china, for now (i think)
for now, if you want a case, it is easier with DIY route (3d printing or acrylic case)
i got the orage pi 2, and they dont even have a case for that,
so i just use acrylic board and sandwich my board with it.

trackback

[…] fare se non si vogliono spendere circa 40€ per portarsi a casa una Raspberry 2? Tramite CNX-Software scopriamo che bastano appena 13€ per portarsi a casa una dev-board di tutto rispetto. Stiamo […]

Jacob Gadikian
Jacob Gadikian
4 years ago

Going to try to visit them tomorrow, Ill let ya know what I find. I can’t get mine to boot, so there’s that….. :/

Mark
Mark

@shik

Shameless plug: we build laser cut cases for embedded boards. Currently building 50 custom cases for FOSDEM video gear.

Get in touch if you’re in the EU and you have difficulties buying an Orange Pi PC case. We’re adapting our raspberry pi 2 acrylic case design to it.

sky770
sky770
4 years ago

Does anyone got benchmarks for Allwinner H3 vs Amlogic S805?

I am trying to get myself a makeshift desktop and thinking of getting either of them (in case of s805 I found a deal of ~34 USD for an MXQ).

From what I recall having a Mali 450-MP2(s805) > mali 400-MP2 (h3)?

sky770
sky770

That. was. fast! 😀
Thanks a lot; this will surely clear a lot ^^

Loïc
Loïc
4 years ago

What??? Did I understand correctly that no OS will work correctly with this Orange Pi? What’s about theAndroid 4.4.2 Custom by Loboris?

I hope this Orange Pi (Allwinner H3) will be capable of decoding H265 4k videos… Thats the advantage compare to Amlogic S805

trackback

[…] via CNX-Software […]

Alberts00
4 years ago

Could someone point me to a website where I can buy Orange Pi PC + Case + Power supply? I’m having hard time finding the case.

sola
sola

@Gabe
In “Set 5”, you also get a case. I assume, it can be purchased separately as well.

Steven
4 years ago

@ everyone Xunlong have only one public interface person. It’s Steven. We have more than 10 employees. We have released Orange OS and Lubuntu for Orange Pi PC. Orange Pi PC have ABS case in aliexpress shop.

Demetris

@Pteridium
RTL8188SU/RTL8191SU/RTL8192SU use the same driver and is supported by openwrt

Arthur
Arthur

@nofun
HW video only on android 🙁

trackback

[…] Source: Liliputing : CNX-Software […]

trackback

[…] all Orange Pi Allwinner H3 boards, including Orange Pi 2, Orange Pi Plus, and the recently launched Orange Pi PC, which has been rather popular thanks to its low $15 price […]

chiptron.petus.cz
4 years ago

I ordered Orange Pi last week and seller yet doesn’t ship it.

Advertisements