Earlier this year, Seeed Studio introduced Wio Terminal a portable Arduino devkit with an LCD display, and expansion connectors and headers.
The company is now selling a similar looking devkit but for different applications with Sipeed Maix Amigo portable 64-bit RISC-V development kit powered by Kendryte K210 RISC-V AI processor and equipped with an LCD display, two cameras, a few buttons, and several I/O headers and Grove connectors.
Sipeed Maix Amigo specifications:
- SoC – Kendryte K210 Dual-core 64-bit RISC-V (RV64GC) processor with FPU @ 400 MHz (overclockable to 500MHz), 8MB SRAM, built-in AI accelerators for video and audio
- Storage – 16MB Flash, MicroSD card slot up
- Display – 3.5-inch TFT capacitive touch screen display with 480×320 resolution
- VGA front-facing camera up to 30 fps (GC0328 sensor)
- VGA rear camera up to 60 fps (OV7740 sensor)
- Audio – Build-in microphone, optional 6-mic array
- USB – 1x USB Type-C port for power and programming
- 3x Grove ports with I2C, GPIO, etc…
- 3x 8-pin SP-MOD headers with GPIOs, 3.3V, and GND signals; compatible with ESP-01 ESP8266 WiFi module, PSRAM modules, etc…
- Sensor – Accelerometer
- Misc – Reset button, 3x function buttons, 3x LEDs
- Battery – 520 mAh Lithium battery
- Power Supply – Via USB-C port
- Dimensions – 104.3 x 63.3 x 16.5mm
The internal hardware looks very similar to Sipeed Maixduino board, except everything is nicely packaged together. As such, Sipeed Maix Amigo supports offline speech recognition, and MobileNetV1/V2, TinyYOLOv2, face recognition, ASR, etc. models, as well as popular deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow lite (recommended), ONNX, Baidu PaddlePaddle model conversion. Just like Maixduino, the development kit can be programmed with MaixPy (MicroPython) or the Arduino IDE. There’s no Wiki specific to Maix Agmigo, and instead, the company redirects people to the generic MaixPy documentation and Sipeed forums.
Seeed Studio is now taking pre-orders for Sipeed Maix Amigo for $39.90 plus shipping, with delivery scheduled to start on August 27th.