LilyGO TTGO T-Watch K210 AIOT is a rather thick watch development kit based on Kendryte K210 RISC-V AI Processor and ESP32 WiSoC capable of performing AI workloads such as face detection using a USB power source.
We first covered the development kit in June, and the company releases some small variants from time to time with the latest being TTGO Handheld T-Watch K210 with basically the same hardware, plus the addition of a handle that adds a power button, and a compartment for a 9V battery to power the watch/devkit.
TTGO Handheld T-Watch K210 specifications:
- SoC – Kendryte K210 dual-core 64-bit RISC-V processor with 8MB RAM, AI accelerators
- Storage – 16MB flash, MicroSD card slot
- Display – 1.54-inch capacitive touch IPS screen connected over an 8080 interface
- Camera – Adjustable 2MP OV2640 sensor with 65-degree lens (optional 120-degree angle lens), AS312 “human” infrared sensor
- Connectivity – 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth via ESP32 SoC over SPI/UART connection to K210
- 6-pin and 8-pin 2.54mm pitch expansion headers with GPIO of K210 and ESP32
- I2C expansion interface
- Debugging – 1x USB-C port connected CP2104 USB to TLL chip
- Misc – Power button, user-defined button, 3 pin holes for ESP32-boot, RST, and K210-RST button, PCF8563 RTC, LED white light highlight, high-brightness white LED
- Power Supply
- 5V via USB-C port
- 9V battery compartment
- 5-24V!? power input via 2-pin 1.25mm JST connector for other types of batteries (TBC)
- AXP202 PMU
- Dimensions – 135 mm high (max) x 44 mm x 21.5 mm
- Material – PC + ABS
Both the display and camera are adjustable as shown in the photo above. The back of the handle has two studs compatible with LEGO, and the device also comes with M2 threads to offer another attachment option.
It’s unclear whether software support is mature. They do have a Github repo forked from Sipeed Maixduino Arduino Library, but there’s no activity with the latest pull request dated November 2019. This stands in contrast to their active TTGO TWatch Library for the ESP32 based TTGO T-Watch that gets regular updates and with the last pull request being made just 8 hours ago at the time of writing.
TTGO Handheld T-Watch K210 is sold for $49.92 plus shipping in black or white on Aliexpress, and ships with a 30cm USB-C charging, a 20cm jumper cable for I/Os, two servo extension connectors, and two M2 screws.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.