Axiomtek has launched a 2.5-inch Pico-ITX Atom x5-E3940 Apollo Lake SBC supporting two independent video outputs and designed for Industrial IoT (IIoT) applications for industrial automation and in the transportation and retail sectors.
The PICO317 single board computer is equipped with up to 8GB SO-DIMM RAM, supports SATA and mSATA storage, Gigabit Ethernet, and dual video output is achieved via HDMI and LVDS interfaces.
Axiomtek PICO317 specifications:
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-E3940 quad-core Apollo Lake processor @ 1.6 GHz / 1.8 GHz (Turbo) with 2 MB cache, 12 EU Intel HD graphics; 9.5W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 8GB RAM via 1x 204-pin DDR3L-1867 SO-DIMMto
- Storage – SATA 3.0 connector, mSATA socket (see Expansion section), flash for AMI BIOS
- Video Output – 1x HDMI up to 4K, 1x dual-channel 18/24-bit LVDS
- Audio – Realtek ALC662 HD Codec audio; Line-out jack
- Networking – Gigabit Ethernet via Intel i211-AT and supporting Wake-on-LAN, PXE Boot ROM
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 via header, 3x USB 3.0 including two USB Type-C connectors, one USB Type-A port
- Serial – 2x RS-232 COM ports (headers)
- 1x Full-size PCI Express Mini Card slot with mSATA supported
- SMBus header compatible with I2C for smart battery support
- Misc – 3V/220 mAh Lithium Battery, watchdog, hardware monitor for temperature and voltage, AT auto power on
- Power Supply – +5V via DC-in via 2 x 2-pin connector
- Power Consumption – 5V @ 2.9A (14.5W) with 8GB DDR3L
- Dimensions – 100 x 72 mm (Pico-ITX form factor)
- Temperature Range – -40°C to +70°C
- Relative Humidity – 10% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Certifications – CE
The company offers several “optional” accessories for PICO317 SBC including a heatsink or heat spreader for fanless operation, a 10 cm power cable and a 5V/8A (40W) power adapter, as well as a DB9 serial cable to connect to the COM header(s).
The company did not provide any information about software and OS support apart from a link to a software license agreement, but we can probably assume the board should support both Windows and Linux operating systems.
Axiomtek PICO317 2.5-inch Pico-ITX SBC is available now at an undisclosed price. Further details may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|