At the beginning of the month, we covered Mango-DVK development kit based on a Qualcomm IPQ6000/IP6010 powered system-on-module enabling 2.5GbE and WiFi 6 connectivity.
Wallys Communications contacted us earlier this week, about one of their new “802.11ax low-end product”, namely DR6000 SBC that happens to be based on Qualcomm IPQ6000 “CP03” reference design, and offers both WiFi 6 and dual Gigabit Ethernet connectivity in a round-shaped board.
DR6000 / CP03 specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Atheros IPQ6000 quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor @ 1.2GHz processor
- System Memory – 512MB DDR3L
- Storage – 128MB Nand Flash, 16MB NOR flash
- Wired – 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports
- 2.4GHz 2×2 MU-MIMO OFDMA 802.11b/g/n/ax WiFi 6, up 573 Mbps, up to 20dBm per chain
- 5GHz 2×2 MU-MIMO OFDMA 802.11a/n/ac/ax WiFi 6, up to 1201 Mbps, up to 20dBm per chain
- 2x U.FL Connectors, diplexer allows dual band concurrent operation
- USB – 1x micro USB 2.0 port
- Serial – 12-pin header for serial interface
- Misc – 4x LED indicators, boot config switch
- Power Supply – 12V via DC jack
- Power Consumption – Up to 13W
- Dimensions – 100mm Ø x 23.5mm (without heatsink)
- Temperature Range – Operating: -20ºC to 60 or 70ºC (TBC); storage: -40ºC to 90ºC
- Humidity – Operating: 5% to 95% (non-condensing); storage: Max. 90% (non-condensing)
The IPQ6000 board runs OpenWrt “Barrier Breaker” with QCA binary drivers from the Qualcomm SDK, and targets the development of 802.11ax MU-MIMO access points, mesh routers supporting EasyMesh wireless applications, and IoT gateways with TWT (Target Wake Time) support for battery-powered IoT devices.
Qualcomm IPQ6000 is similar to IPQ6010 found in Wallys’ DR6018 V2 embedded Wi-Fi 6 router board, but is apparently clocked at a lower frequency of 1.2 GHz instead of 1.8 GHz.
DR6000 SBC samples are available now for $200, and more details can be found on the product page. It looks to be the same as Compex CP03 board whose product page includes a hardware manual with details about the I/O pins, and a link to buy samples for $410!