Techbase quickly unveiled an update to their Modberry industrial controllers with Modberry 500 CM4 DIN Rail computer as soon as Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 was launched.
The company has now introduced another Raspberry Pi CM4 based product with ModBerry AI GATEWAY 9500-CM4 gateway combining the Broadcom BCM2711C0 system-on-module to Google Edge TPU to cater to applications leveraging AI acceleration.
- SoM – Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4
- AI accelerator – Google Coral Edge TPU module with up to 4 TOPS connected over the RPi CM4’s PCIe interface
- Peripherals (customizable as needed)
- USB, HDMI, and Ethernet.
- Serial RS-232/485 ports
- Digital and analog I/Os with or without opto-isolation
- 1-Wire, CAN bus, M-Bus Master and Slave
- PCIe modules for wireless support
- Cellular – 4G/LTE and 5G modem, interchangeable with Coral TPU, plus on-board eSIM
- LPWAN – NB-IoT, LoRa, Sigfox, Wireless M-Bus
- Additional Wi-Fi/Bluetooth interface or Wi-Fi Hi-Power
- Custom wireless interfaces
- Misc – Reset and software update pinholes, LEDs, optional accelerometer, OLED screen, SuperCap backup power support.
- Security – Optional TPM security chip
- DIN-Rail enclosure
ModBerry AI GATEWAY 9500-CM4 is not quite available yet, but Techbase says delivery time for various configurations will be around 2 months. There’s not much for information at this stage, and interested parties are invited to submit their requirements via IIoT shop.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.