Announced in 2019, NORVI IIOT industrial controller features an ESP32 WiFi and Bluetooth module, a choice of OLED or TFT Display, 24V DC input, and several analog and digital I/Os all housed in a DIN Rail enclosure.
Sri Lanka-based ICONIC DEVICES has now announced an updated version with NORVI ENET DIN-Rail ESP32 industrial gateway based on a similar design, but with the addition of an Ethernet port using W5500 SPI to Ethernet controller.
NORVI ENET (AE06) specifications:
- Wireless Module – ESP32-WROOM32 with ESP32 dual-core processor @ 160 MHz, 520 Kbytes SRAM / 4 Mbit Flash, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2
- Storage – MicroSD card slot
- Display – Built-in 0.96″ OLED display
- Communication – 10/100M Ethernet via W5500 controller, WiFi, Bluetooth, optional LoRa or NB-IoT module
- 8x 24V digital inputs for rotary encoders, sensors
- AE06-R model only – 4x 5A relay outputs for solenoid valves, contactors
- AE06-T model only – 4x open collector high-speed transistors (PWM or PULSE outputs)
- AE06-V model only – 4x 0 to 10V analog inputs
- AE06-I model only – 4x 2-20mA analog inputs
- Power, status, and I/O LEDs
- DS3231 RTC with battery backup
- Optional MAX31856 temperature sensor
- Power Supply – 24V DC rated input via terminal block
- Power Consumption – 32.6 to 40.4 Watts with all outputs ON
- Dimensions – 90.50 x 56.60 x 60.60 mm (DIN-Rail mount)
- Weight – Around 430 grams
- Top hat type TH35-15 rail conforming to IEC 60715
- Top hat type TH35-7.5 rail conforming to IEC 60715
- Plate or panel with fixing kit
- Compliance – 2014/30/EU- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
Annex III, Part B, Module C
There’s limited information about software support on the product page. But since it’s just an evolution of NORVI IIoT (even the dimensions are the same), with Ethernet replacing RS-485, NORVI ENET should be programmable with the Arduino IDE as the company provides Arduino libraries and sample sketches for inputs, outputs, RTC, temperature sensor, and the I2C display.
NORVI ENET ESP32 DIN-Rail industrial controller can be purchased through the aforelinked product page between $108 and $134 depending on the selected model.