DFI RNO171 is a mini-ITX industrial motherboard powered by an AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 processor with up to 64GB RAM, two SATA ports, four DisplayPort++ video outputs, and plenty of I/Os including dual GbE, a PCIe x16 expansion slot, multiple USB and serial ports, and more.
DFI RNO171 mini-ITX SBC specifications:
- SoC – AMD Ryzen V2000 Series Processors either:
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V2748, 8C/16T up to 2.9GHz (4.25GHz) with 4MB cache, 7 CU Radeon Vega graphics; 45W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V2546, 6C/12T up to 3.0GHz (3.95GHz), with 3MB cache, 6 CU Radeon Vega graphics; 45W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V2718, 8C/16T up to 1.7GHz (4.15GHz), with 4MB cache, 7 CU Radeon Vega graphics; 15W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V2516, 6C/12T up to 2.1GHz (3.95GHz), with 3MB cache, 6 CU Radeon Vega graphics; 15W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 64GB dual-channel DDR4 (ECC/non-ECC) via 2x 260-pin SODIMM sockets
- Storage – 2 x SATA 3.0 (up to 6GB/s) ports, embedded flash for AMI BIOS
- Display – 4x DP++ up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- GPU capabilities
- OpenGL 4.6, DirectX 12, OpenCL 2.1
- HW Decode: AVC/H.264, MPEG2, VC1/WMV9, JPEG/MJPEG, HEVC/H265, VP8, VP9
- HW Encode: MPEG2, AVC/H264, JPEG, HEVC/H265, VP8, VP9
- Realtek ALC888S-VD2-GR audio codec
- 1x Mic-in, 1x Line-in, 1x Line-out jacks
- Headers for S/PDIF, audio Mic-in/Line-out
- Networking – 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports via Realtek RTL8111HN-CG controllers
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen2, 2x USB 2.0
- Internal 2.5mm pitch header with 4x USB 2.0 interfaces
- Internal USB 2.0 vertical Type-A port
- 1x RS-232/422/485 (DB-9), 1x RS-232 (DB-9)
- 4x RS-232 with Tx/Rx only on internal, 2.0mm pitch header
- 1x PCIe x16 (x8 Gen3)
- 1x M.2 2280 M Key (SATA 3.0/ PCIe x4) (support 2242 by BOM opt.)
- Security – TPM 2.0
- Misc – Watchdog Timer, RTC + CR2032 coin cell battery
- Power Supply – Single 12V +/-5% DC via 4-pin ATX straight type connector or upon request a DC jack or a 4-pin right-angle connector
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (Mini-ITX Form Factor)
- Temperature Range – Operating: -5 to 65°C; storage: -40 to 85°C
- Humidity – Operating & storage: 10 to 90% RH
While DFI RNO171 is not the first Ryzen V2000 mini-ITX motherboard with quad-display we’ve seen so far, that’s the first one to do so via four DisplayPort connectors, as for instance, ASRock 4X4-V2000M and 4X4-V2000V mini-ITX motherboards do so using one HDMI 2.0 port, one DisplayPort connector, and two USB-C ports with DisplayPort Alt mode.
DFI’s Ryzen V2000 motherboard may not be available just yet, as the product page still shows the information is preliminary. RNO171 board also appears to be an update the the company’s earlier GH171 mini-ITX motherboard featuring AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000/V1000 processor.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
2 Replies to “Ryzen Embedded V2000 mini-ITX industrial motherboard offers four DP++ video ports”
That is a damn good board, hope to get one these one day. With the PCIe x16 slot it’s gonna be very useful!
Things to know: