We’ve seen several AMD Ryzen Embedded boards launched over the last couple of years, but the only one we covered here that happens to follow the mini-ITX form factor was iBASE MI988 motherboard powered by a choice of Ryzen Embedded V1000 processors.
But there are others including Sapphire IPC-FP5V 10GbE embedded mini-ITX motherboard, and Kontron has just announced the D3713-V/R mITX motherboard with AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000/R1000 processor and aimed at “demanding graphics applications” such as kiosks, infotainment, digital signage, professional casino gaming systems, medical displays, as well as thin clients and industrial PCs.
Kontron D3713-V/R mITX specifications:
- SoC (one or the other)
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1202B dual-core/quad-thread Zen processor @ 2.3 GHz / 3.2 GHz (Boost frequency) with RADEON VEGA 3 graphics; 12W to 25W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1605B quad-core/octa-thread Zen processor @ 2.0 GHz / 3.6 GHz (Boost frequency) with RADEON VEGA 8 graphics; 12W to 25W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1807B quad-core/octa thread Zen processor @ 3.35 GHz / 3.8 GHz (Boost frequency) with AMD RADEON VEGA 11; 35W to 54W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded R1505G dual-core/four-thread Zen processor @ 2.4 GHz / 3.3 GHz (Boost frequency) with RADEON VEGA 3 GPU; 12W to 25W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded R1606G dual-core/four-thread Zen processor @ 2.6 GHz / 3.5 GHz (Boost frequency) with RADEON VEGA 3 GPU; 12W to 25W TDP
- System Memory – 2x DDR4 3200 SDRAM up to 32 Gbyte
- Storage – 2x SATA Interfaces up to 6GBit/s with NCQ, AHCI support; M.2 SSD (see below); AMI Aptio 5.x UEFI BIOS
- Video Output & Display I/F
- Up to 4x DisplayPort .1.4 (or 2x DP++)
- 1x embedded DP (eDP V1.4; supporting 4K resolutions)
- 1x Dual-Channel 24bit LVDS
- Supported display combinations:
- Ryzen Embedded V-Series: 2x DP + 1x LVDS + 1x eDP, 3x DP + 1x LVDS or eDP, 4x DP
- Ryzen Embedded R-Series: 1x DP + 1x LVDS + 1x eDP, 2x DP + 1x LVDS or eDP, 3x DP
- Audio – Realtek ALC256 5.1-channel, HD audio codec
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet via Intel i210LM controller
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 (by header), 2x USB 3.1 Gen1, 2x USB 3.1 Gen1 (by header), 2x USB 3.1 Gen2
- Serial – 1x RS232/422/485; 3x RS232 (2x by header)
- 1x M.2 PCIe x2 (Key-M: 2230/2242/2280)
- 1x Mini PCIe (halfsize/fullsize)
- PCIe x4: 1x Gen3
- 1x M.2 PCIe x4 (Key B: 2242/2252/2260/2280)
- Security – AMD integrated TPM V2.0 onboard & socket for optional TPM module
- Misc – 2 level HW Watchdog (BIOS Boot/OS), RTC, 2x PWM han headers
- Power Supply – 8-36V DC input up to 10A (125W) via DC jack or 4-pin header
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (Mini-ITX form factor)
- Temperature Range – 0°C – 70°C
- Humidity – 5%-85%
- Certifications (planned) – CE Class-B, FCC-B verified, cTÜVus acc. IEC62368-1
D3713-V/R mITX mini-ITX motherboard is actually “designed by Fujitsu” and manufactured in Germany by Kontron. The company also offers what it calls a “kitting” service, where motherboards are assembled with the requested processors, memory latches and/or individual BIOS. Kontron is also working on SMARTCASE S711 customer-specific configured and certified system solution with the board, the CPU, memory modules, expansion cards, BIOS, cooling and housing.
The board has been designed for fanless operation and works with Windows 10 or 64-bit Linux distributions.
The Ryzen Embedded Mini-ITX board is still showing as “coming soon” probably because of the pending US and European certifications. Price has not been made public, and will likely never be due to the target markets and customization options. More information may be available on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
5 Replies to “Kontron Launches AMD Ryzen Embedded Mini-ITX Board for Graphics Applications”
The new Ryzens are going as low as 15w
CPU Cores / Threads Base / Turbo TDP GPU Cores
AMD Ryzen 7 4800U 8 / 16 1.8GHz / 4.2GHz 15W 8
AMD Ryzen 7 4700U 8 / 8 2.0GHz / 4.1GHz 15W 7
AMD Ryzen 5 4600U 6 / 12 2.1GHz / 4.0GHz 15W 6
AMD Ryzen 3 4300U 4 / 4 2.7GHz / 3.7GHz 15W 5
AMD Athlon Gold 3150U 2 / 4 2.6GHz / 3.3GHz 15W 3
AMD Athlon Silver 3050U 2 / 2 2.3GHz / 3.2GHz 15W
Might be worth keeping a eye on.
Pretty much OT since the board discussed here is featuring Ryzen Embedded processors.
But more details about the new 15W Ryzen processors can be found @ https://www.cnx-software.com/2020/01/07/amd-announces-15w-ryzen-4000-u-series-and-athlon-3000-series-mobile-processors/
Have you included the Advandtech DPX-E265
AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V1000 mITX with Four DP++, ECC, PCIe expansion
but good point, why do people use these older embedded architectures when the newer mainstreams chips give you more IPC for the same TDP
They should start making boards with thoose CPUs for firewall!